Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I get it
I am a Trout fisher for sure and that will never change, but the past three years, Carp have become an addiction.
Maybe because 25" er is concidered small[cool]
Along this journey and many fly swaps which offered up some awesome new patterns, another species is becoming the game.
LMB. Great fun and they are digging the Carp flies. One fly in particular scored many bass in a short time. An easy tied Water boatman.

[Image: 024.jpg]
[Image: 025.jpg]
[Image: 026.jpg]
[Image: 027.jpg]

I get the "Bass love" now. Great fun and nice tug.
[signature]
Im right there with you about the bass. Spending so much time at Mantua this past spring got me addicted to bass on a fly. Now I need to get into some carp.
[signature]
Carpin it is a blast its amazing how strong those fish are.

Now you got to try Wiper on a fly Ive been hitting Willard for the last few trips Ive got one Wiper and I seriously thought it was going to snap my 7 wt. [laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Never been big on Bass either, few years back at the Gorge found a nice cove on the Wyoming side, the Bass were stacked like cord wood against the rocks, black woolly bugger and it was "on" hook up on every cast...lots of fun...still not my target species though.
[signature]
Sin, we will have to try that. I did hook a Wiper last year and it is truly a rush. Love to try for more.
These Carp and Bass are just a bicycle away, that is what makes them so special. I have caught bigger Bass (St. George) and Bigger Carp (Starvation -formerly known as ....Starvy???? ) But both those take one or more hours to get to. These are literally a stones throw away, along with White Bass,Crappy, and Trout. Some Cats too, but never my target.[Smile]

I am only going to know the feel of any fish on a fly as that is the only way I fish[Wink][cool] I know even Sturgeon can be caught on a fly...I have seen it.[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Hell ya we all should get a Willard trip together before its gets cold Plus all the kiddies are back to school so the power quad is minimal. I hear ya on distance my truck gets like 16 mpg fuel is now considered a major purchase for me. I spent more on fuel than I did food, car payment, and insurance combined. [crazy][crazy][crazy]
[signature]
Not sure where you are at. I think it's cool how many car pool it. I do have the Chev Silverado I can use and the flat bed trailer for the pontoons.
[signature]
Nice. I'm glad to see you're coming to the dark side. I haven't even fished for trout since April. The bass have more than kept me entertained.
[signature]
Im cool with car poolin it, Im in Sandy area but Im sure we could meet some were in the middle
[signature]
Carp can put up a good fight for sure.

There does seem to be a lot of people showing them more respect as an angling target.

I just hope there growing popularity does not make carp start to show up in some of my favorite places to fish.
[signature]
Well, LIVE BAIT and ignorance of the law does seem to be rearing it's ugly head lately[crazy]
[signature]