Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone fishing
Heading up to Yellowstone this week, first time in 18 years! Going up through the Jackson area then over to West Yellowstone for a few days. Never fished there and the wife doesn't fish but the two boys want to catch a fish in Yellowstone. Any suggestions for an hour or two of fishing? I see lots rivers and lakes, we would be on shore with spinning rods. Thanks for any advice.
You can't go wrong on Yellowstone lake. Just use heavy spoons or lures that will sink fast and get to the bottom before you retrieve them. Fish are way deep this time of year so be patient and let them hit the bottom. If you have the skill to bounce a small white or chartruse jig along the bottom that will serve to well also. Lewis lake is good as well for same tactics. If you really want a good experience get off the beaten path and see places like Heart Lake or other lake you need to hike too but be ready to see bears as Heart Lake is thick with them.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, I am going to try yellowstone lake and the river in the madison valley. I've got lots of Jakes spin-a-lures and crocodiles that have some weight to them. I will put some flies on kids line and see if they get something in the river.