Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Back to the salt....
Missed my Belize trip this year but not a total waste. Heading to S. Florida next month, staying a week in West Palm Beach and then over to Bonita Springs for 4 days. Looks like my hotel sits right on the Lake Worth Inlet, been reading alot and looks like the Snook bite from shore is pretty good, can fish the jetty at the inlet for Jacks and hopefully a Tarpon.

Over in Bonito Springs the hotel sits on Estero Bay...Trout and Redfish...hopefully. This will be a DIY trip with the fly rods, although I may hook up with a buddy to do some reef fishing in Miami...Anyone fished the WPB area?
[signature]
Where you staying? The Marriott Ocean Pointe on Singer Island is right there on the inlet and jetty? That's where I usually have stayed. I've fished from Singer Island about 10 trips. Some from shore, some from yak , some from my brother-in-laws boat and some with charters. I've only been Dec to March so different conditions. Don't forget the world's greatest stream is only a few miles away- the Gulf Stream. A kayak is pretty fun to get off shore a mile or 2 but keep an eye to the winds with planning to get back.
[signature]
That is the place Paul, traded a week of my Belize timeshare for a week there. Fishing looks decent.
[signature]
P.S...what flies? Standard Clouser and Deceiver's? White, White/Chartruese, Blue/White...sizes? 2/4/6? Taking my 7/8 and 8/9 rods.
[signature]
Are you going to be close to the marriot resorts??? I went up there last year and if your close to it look for some huge water pump catch some mullets and chuck them on the other side of the rocky point and real it in those barracudas love those mullets swimming on the side but Sadly when i was there i didnt get to catch one of those suckers. At night tossing on the side of the water pump toss some shrimp and you might catch a big red snapper. I had one on getting close to my hands and Sadly that huge fish snapped the line and got away.

Watch out for the baby sharks there close to the beach some guy caught one when i was fishing and he released it.

If you walk on the pavement all the way to the end and cast out there some guy was just using cut mullet as bait and those it out there caught some nice blue looking fish about 15+ in. If you hunting for those barracuda just grab big hook good size weight and just hook the mullet in the mouth and up the head toss it on the side sorda of rocky point and real it it they will go for it i had tons of just heads of mullet.

Good luck. I wish I could go up there im still haunted with that big red snapper snapping my line as well with those selfish barracudas

as well tons of puffer fish in that area as well from my experience and watching some guy catching on the beachy area
[signature]
I don't really have experience this time of year to make fly recommendations. In the winter we target mahi, kingfish and jacks mostly. The fish from beach seem to be sporadic at least in winter.Usually some fish by the jetty. Last time down we stayed at the New Marriott a mile or more up the island. Didn't like it nearly as much. However it's a high rise with polarized windows. Whenever we spotted fish in the surf we'd head down.
[signature]
Gotcha, I have read some good info on mid Sept. Should be Snook cruising the beach early and there are always Jack's, Snook and Tarpon in the inlet...should be interesting, we will see!
[signature]
Thanks, I will be fly fishing, but I will be looking for whatever is busting those Mullet, hopefully get some good pulls on the fly rod[Wink]
[signature]
Totally there easy to cast net if u find them at the right time chuck a meat out there and have fun on the fly rod with the baracudas. Good luck man.
[signature]
You have looked at BFT's Florida state section, haven't you? Lots of reports there.
I can't post links to another website, but if you google Florida Sportsman Magazine and go to their forums you can find some good reports there as well.
[signature]
Good info Troll, Florida Sportsman has alot of info. Looks like I got a hook up with a fellow LEO down there for some Tarpon action on his boat.
[signature]
Gotta love the intraweb.[fishin]
[signature]