Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bass, Trout and Gills (report)
We spent the weekend out in the basin and I got to have some stress relieve from the house buying process. I fished Steinaker from shore on Sat afternoon from 1:30 to 5:00pm. I went after bass and ended up with 18. The biggest that I caught was a whopping 8" and the smallest was 3". I caught them all on a mepps spinner with a siver blade. I did use spinnerbaits,crank's, plastics,and Rapala's with out any luck. I could not find any big takers.
I took the tube out on Sunday morning. I was in the water at first light. It was a little windy and the air temp was a little cool, but it was a beauiful morning to be fishing. I hoping to get in to some larger bass and some gill's. I started out with spinners and spoons, then changed to cranks with out any hit's. I switched to a chartreuse gitzit paddle fish jig tipped with worm. I started to caught rainbows with this set up. I tried all of my honey holes with fair success. I was jigging in deeper water 20 to 40 ft of water. I was moving my way over by the dam when I found the honey hole for blue gills I was looking for. What a blast I had. I caught 10 Rainbows smallest 16" and the largest was 18". The Rainbows were fat and healthy. I caught 20 Blue gill smallest was 6" and the largest was 9". The only downer for the day was the Bass boat jerks for some reason had to race from the boat dock to where I was fishing and start fishing just 50 meters from where I was fishing. There was not a another boat on the whole lake. The gills went for deeper water I guess.

This trip was what I needed to get focused again.

[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
Thanks for the great report sounds like you had a great time. There is something to be said about leaving the worries of the world behind and getting out on a lake or stream first thing in the morning,
[signature]