Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little Dell 8/13
My nephew wanted to hit Little Dell last night so we ran up around 7 PM. We went around past the inlet and there was a flock of geese that didn't even care that we walked right past them (within 15- 20 feet). I used a Jakes for a while and hooked several of them but they kept getting off. At sundown they started jumping for flies but I couldn't see many bugs on the water so I put on a black generic midge type fly. The action was good and I caught four nice cutts before it started to get dark enough that I couldn't see well. When it got dark we heard the geese start making a lot of noise and they all took off like something was after them. When I walked back to the car something was walking around in the bushes just above the lake and I'm sure it was what made the geese fly away however I didn't have a flashlight so I don't know what it was. It ended up being a nice night and I was glad to finally prove to myself that there are actually fish in there.
[signature]
Well a bear has been spotted there a few weeks ago but my money is on the abundant deer that frequent the area. There are a few moose too.

Those geese are always there and really don't move till you get within rod pokeing distance.

I will have to try black dry flies. And trust me when I say there are loads of fish in there!!!! Get ready for the fall action at Little Dell.
[signature]
5 years back I spotted a Cougar taking an afternoon siesta while I answered mother natures call right near my honeyhole. Moose tend to linger just above the inlet in the eves. One evening roughly 6 or 7 years ago I recall an unusually large amount of porcupines all over the place. It was really bizarre. 14 or so yrs ago I saw the Largest herd of elk Ive ever seen.
[signature]