Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
video of my pontoon boat
This video is to let people see what the Skookum Steelheader looks like with the Coleman 2.6 HP outboard.

So far I like this boat a lot, but I have only fished for Sturgeon in it. I need to take it trolling for Walleye to see how it does for that. This boat will be the BOMB for catfishing.

This is not a light duty boat. With all my gear and motor on it weighs a bunch. When I launch I load the boat with all my gear and motor. I place it right on the back of the trailer. I back down and slide it off the trailer. Even though the boat is quite heave it is easy to do. I do the same when loading. I back the trailer down and pull it on. After it is on I leave the launch area and strip it down.

I sit on the foot deck when I am fishing. I find it very comfortable The decks on the sides work as arm rests. I put my bait cooler on the seat behind me while I fish. I think this winter I will extend the side decks to go the full length of the frame. Then I can test them next spring. Here is the video link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w66gbewvZ0

And some pictures. Ron

[Image: P8110036.jpg]
[Image: P8110037.jpg]
[signature]
Great vid!!! this is inspiring me to get a toon, as this just look's like to much fun!!!!!
[signature]
Most pontoons can handle an electric motor. There are very few that can handle a gas motor. I found out the hard way.
This Steelheader is the Humvee of pontoon boats. there are a couple other companys that make gas motor friendly boats but none of them are cheep. Ron
[signature]
Looks great. You are defineatly giving me some ideas for the future.

Windriver
[signature]
Here is an idea. A Steelheader with a 25 HP jet. Ron

[Image: SkookumJet2.jpg]
[Image: SkookumJet1.jpg]
[signature]
Now you're talkin.

Won't have to worry about as many rocks that way.
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
I could have used it today. I could not get into my sturgeon hole due to high water and rocks. Ron
[signature]
How much does the water level change from day to day?

Is the flucuation from them generating power from the dams?
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
Flows have been increasing for the last 20 days or so. I am not sure why they are increasing the flow. They have cut the farmers back on their water but more is going down the river. I wish I could have made it. Ron
[signature]