Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feral hogs in Idaho?
Sorry if this is a repost but I didnt know they were in Idaho?
[signature]
There is supposed to be some iat CJ Strike. In the swamp where no one is allowed for a lot of the year. They have protection and food. Only a matter of time. I hear they are trying to get rid of them. Ron
[signature]
Where did you hear it from? The news? I actually talked to fish and game after the news post a couple years ago and they told me that they successfully eliminated that group and there have been no reports of feral hogs there since. I'm not saying you are wrong, but I'd like to know where your information comes from....
[signature]
It was on the KTVB news this July. Here is the link. I haven't talked to any biologists. Ron

http://www.ktvb.com/home/Officials-ask-y...49536.html
[signature]
I have lived in areas were feral hogs and javelina's have been and i dont see them being able to outlast a winter here. i could be wrong but most of the areas they are have little or no winter.
[signature]
quck google search and i stand corrected feral hogs have been found in wisconsin, michigan, even canada.
[signature]
yeah winter is not a problem for pigs. they can live almost anywhere and thats a huge problem.
[signature]
they have big ol hogs in russia...with thick fur and fat I think they could survive...especially in southern Idaho...They are a tough invasive species to take out...I just hope some dummy or dummies dont plant them somewhere...although I would shoot the hogs I know they can devastate crops and are a nuisance. I didnt realize they had them in Oregon too...
[signature]