Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, 4 trips in 6 days
[font "Calibri"]August 13- Bob & I fished Willard from 5:30-8:30pm water temp was 84*. I used the 50/50 method on all four trips. We caught 1 walleye & 1 nice 21inch wiper and 3 smaller wipers. We trolled @ 2.2-2.3 mph using KCT worm harnesses in the Black Pearl & Bread & Butter colors. We launched from the north marina because the South marina was closed due to the dredging. [/font]
[font "Calibri"]August 16- Got_Bait & I fished Willard from 5:30-8:30pm water temp was 83*. We used the same spinner harness as listed above but we also used a hammered red, silver and blue blade. We caught 2 cats, 2 walleye & 4 small wipers. We launched from the north marina.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]August 17- Jmaze & I fished Willard from 6:30 – 11:30pm. We fished in his boat out of the south marina. One small wiper & walleye were all we caught. Water temp was 82*. We fished the north dike with little/no luck. They are dredging the channel when we came in.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]August 18- Reelfast & I fished Willard in his boat from 6:30-9:30pm water temp was 81*. We caught 9 wipers, 3 walleye including a 22” eye. All wipers were small 8 inch to 12inches.We launched from the south marina. Dan was also using a red & white blade & bottom bouncer.[/font]
[font "Calibri"]Retirement is great, wish I could get out this much every week[Wink].[/font] I really enjoyed getting out there with all you guys[cool].
[font "Calibri"]WH2[/font]
[signature]
He Curt, what's Bobs screen name? I worked with him for many years before he retired. He is a great man. He could tell you some stories of the old times you would die.
[signature]
Bob is a member of the church I attend. He is 83 and doesn't do the internet.[frown]
[signature]
Doesn't surprise me with the computer. bob is great people.
[signature]
You say retirement is great, and you gots the fishy grins to prove it! Just hope I live long enough to get to be retired.

Looks like a nice bunch of days off. Was gonna ask if you just keep the boat hooked up and loaded for the next day, but seems you been boat hopping.

Do you know when they expect to be done with the dredging project? Doubt that'd have any impact on them opening it in winter?

Any boils?
They said they would be done with the dredging in two weeks, if there are no more equipment break downs. So that means at the end of this week or some time next week they should be done. Unless they change their plans, the South marina will not be open this winter. The wipers have been boiling for a while but it is a waste of time to target them at this time because the shad are so small, it is almost impossible to match their tiny size. If it stays warm and the shad grow another inch or so, it will be on but the water temps have already started to drop, so it might be as long as a month before they turn on in earnest. Plus there are untold millions of shad in the lake right now, they will have to be thinned out some before the boil catching begins in earnest[Wink] imo.
[signature]