Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A couple new videos (Willard and Newton)
I've been doing a little filming lately since I've been fishing a lot and having pretty good luck. I ended up with enough footage for two more videos. The first is from Willard the other morning. I got one nice wiper and a ton of small ones throwing rattle traps into small boils.
The second one is from newton last Sunday which was my best day to date. I fished early Sunday with Tylerflip29. We caught tons of small bass and a few nice perch and then at the end of the day (around 5 or 6 pm) we started getting into some Muskie. Between the two of us we hooked 9 and landed 4. Two of which were on a top water, one of the coolest things I have seen. We are still learning when it comes to handling Muskie but we did a lot better this time about getting them unhooked and released quickly without injuring them.
[signature]
I can't figure out how to put both videos in my first post, so here is the second one.
[signature]
Pretty cool Jordan ;0) I've got a few video's of fishing wiper boils from past years, but have never posted them due to all of the expletives that start to fly once the fishing gets hot! [Wink] Fred K.
[signature]
Yeah I had to edit quite a few of those out haha I know what you mean.
[signature]
Nice vid, looks like I need to get out in the morning. The evening boils are very short, most of the time. So far casting into them in the evening, has not been working but I expect that to change soon.
WH2
[signature]
I went once last week in the evening and did ok. The morning boils have been faster action but the ones I got into in the evening had bigger fish. They seem to be doing good lately though, I've been finding most of them around the island.
[signature]
I saw a couple of guys out near the island casting last week but never got close enough to ask them how they were doing. We did try casting into the boils with a cast master but no luck, sounds like I should be throwing a rattle trap.
[signature]
Yeah we've been doing awesome on rattle traps. Pretty much any style has worked good. All silver, silver with blue back and red blood spots, and the silver with blue back and orange belly have all been awesome. I'm going to go out again tonight, I'll see how they are doing!
[signature]
What kind of boat will you be in? Mine is a older red and white Starcraft.
[signature]
Sorry I didn't notice your reply before I left but I just have a little 15 foot smokercraft. We didn't really fish much though, the wind started to pick up so we just headed back. I don't like getting stuck out there in that little tiny boat if the waves get bad.

[Image: securedownload.jpg]
[signature]
I think I saw you out there but like you said that wind was a problem. I stayed out until sunset and it was a waste of time. We were out there again this morning around 7am. It was calm later in the morning but we saw no boils. Water temp was down to 75*.
[signature]
That sucks :/ I'm at flaming gorge for the weekend but I plan on trying my luck a few more times at Willard next week
[signature]
Once again...good post Jordan. Pretty cool videos. Those were some nice looking fish man!
[signature]
Thanks man! Yeah they were all a lot of fun!
[signature]