Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diver Fins Concerns
Hello im prety much new to Float tubing and this forum. i gone to the water only 2 times in past year i would love to do it more often now that i got a good sesion last weekend and this is my issue. I bought these [url "http://www.sportchalet.com/product/301882_3026647.do?keyword=fins&sortby=priceAscend"]http://www.sportchalet.com/product/301882_3026647.do?keyword=fins&sortby=priceAscend[/url] now i use them bare foot they kinda work but kill my foot after a few yards out so i cant be out in watter too much. I noticed my kid had no issue moving about in the water using Creek Company light fins so i decided to try those using old pair of shoes and boy let me tell you i was out in the water probably for a few hours at night i ended up going back to camp base when my rail wouldint lock any more and was just free spinning so im researching to see if i am wearing the fins wrong or are they just a bad design to begin with and i should just get the light fins hotspots or force fins but i would have to try the force fins b4 i spend that mulla on them. any advice would be very helpfull [cool]
[signature]
I have been usinf Omega fins for the past four years. I still own Force Fins and still use them as well as Caddis fins and the Back Pack fins.
My two cents is, you you are fishing in a donut tube, I am betting the scuba style can be a pain big time.
The smaller fins would be just fine, but there again, if you wear a size 12 or larger, there is less fin showing.

With tubes like the Fat Cat, you are more out of the water and less leg in the water, plus you are in a seated position. You can also lean back a little and flutter you flippers like a swimmer which allows you to move effortless. This is not always the case though. If you get caught in a storm, it is hard moving all that scuba fin. That is where the Force Fins really show off.

Not saying you need three sets of fins, but they all shine differently.
I do think the Force Fins are a great all around fin.
[signature]
o yeah sorry i have an ODC 420
[signature]
Thanks for the feed back flygoddess i'm going to try leaning back see how that goes and i'm probably going to start my fins collection on lower price range then move up Wink
[signature]
I'll tell you where you can get some good advice and talk to others about fins and other equipment. The float tube club meets the last wednesday of each month at 6:30 PM at the FOE Hall in Murray. Give it a try. Check the float tube club board on BFT Tackle for information and location.
[signature]
Thanks for info Lee but its very far to go round trip for just few hours Live in southern CA [Image: happy.gif]. but FlyGoddess did an excellent job of explaining it thats y i'm sticking with the light weight fins and get force fins if i ever do need them. for now i'm ok with just float tubing small lakes in Southern CA weather
[signature]
Are your scuba fins adjustable enough to allow you to use neoprene booties or even water walker shoes in them?

I use scuba fins, but NOT barefoot. I use the neoprene boots of my waders inside of surf shoes.

Is it your feet or legs that hurt? It may also be a problem with how you are using the fins. The shorter fins like Creek Co are good for reaching back and pulling forward,,,,scooping. The scuba style shine when using an up and down flutter kick with your legs out in front of you. You can also scoop with them but it will put some strain on your muscles after awhile if that is all you use them for.

good luck!
[signature]