Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah lake this Saturday
Hello everyone. I'm kinda new to big fish tackle and I was wondering if someone wouldn't mind helping a guy who will be taking two 6 year old girls out fishing for some white bass on Saturday morning. I usually hit Utah lake when it is frozen but when it is liquid, I don't have a clue. Thank you so much in advance for any help.
[signature]
If your shore fishing id just go up the provo river and toss some tail grubs or rooster tails. Just find a school of white bass and its easy picking trust me after you see my pic

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gfo...ost=763670

Here is my adventure back on july 31. It was a festival of white bass

hope this helped you
[signature]
The fish move around a bit but as said Provo Boat Harbor is as good a bet as any. Whities frequently stack up at the end of the south dike where the river comes in. Sometimes the fish are a bit far out to get them from shore this time of year, but many times they move in close early in the morning then again in the evening. For the little ones a small jig 2 1/2 feet under a bobber with a piece of worm should get them a fish. Let us know if you find them and good luck.
[signature]
Thank you both very much. I'll definately be down there in the morning. I'll post my results. Hopefully the little ones will get into them so I can fish longer.
[signature]
You may have success with jigs or spinners but as I said for the little ones a worm hook or small jig below a bobber should get them at least a few fish. I have also had good success on the north end of the west dike but the road out is closed and it may be more of a walk than you want with a couple lil ones. If you go there fish the lake side facing west right near the end of the west dike.
[signature]
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to let you know that last weeks trip to Provo harbor was delayed to one of the girls getting sick, so we went today. Got there around 8:30 and fished the river portion next to the day use spots. Used the classic double jigs and I thought we did great. We hooked up three times with doubles and my daughter got one of those. She ended up catching 1 blue gill and 6 white bass and I pulled in 13 white bass. Left there around 12:30 due to be crowded out which is the main reason I need to just get a boat. Anyway, thanks guys for the info on helping me get my daughter into some fish.
[signature]