Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm done here
[cool][#0000ff]The August meeting was even more dismal than the June meeting...and only barely more well attended than the July meeting...which was not held at all. Besides myself, TubeBabe, LeeC and a guest speaker there were only two regular members. One newbie showed up halfway through the meeting and there was one guest (non tuber).[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]We had announced that we wanted all members to show up to discuss future club directions, organization and election of club officers. I had a couple of PMs from members who apologized in advance for not being able to attend. But that was it.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]At the meeting we talked about maybe electing a president and then letting that person choose the other officers to help with club details. I suggested handling the election on the forum with votes to be submitted by PM. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]After "sleeping on it" I have decided that I don't believe the T n T club is viable and that I can't and won't invest any more of my time and mental energy into trying to make it work. I have some new personal responsibilites that will be demanding more of my time and nobody else seems to think it is worth the effort either.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I will still be a part of the BFT forums but will likely be taking a less active role. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Thanks to those who initially showed some interest. But the declining participation in meetings and in forum discussions says it all. It was a good idea while it lasted but the truth is that tubers and tooners are a bunch of individuals who really aren't interested in something that requires meetings and participation with others. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I guess that is logical because the great appeal of our sport is the solitary aspect that lets us get away from other people to do our fishing. Okay to fish with others on occasion but not to be forced to spend time with them in a meeting...and not fishing. I can totally relate to that. Hate meetings myself.[/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]Sorry Lee...and and anybody else who might disagree with my outlook. If someone else wants to take over and try to make it run, feel free to do so.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
TD I can understand your frustration with the number of people that made it to the meetings. I must add that I think the club will wither away especially without your participation. I would like to thank you for the efforts youi have put into it and thank Lee also, If Lee decides to continue efforts I will try to participate as schedules and health permit. I do think that discussion around fishing techniques on various lakes, show and tell on tube pimping, swap meets and expert guest speakers and club outings was what I thought we were shooting for. I will still be asking your advice on tube rigging and catfish stuff if that works and would still love to go out tubing with you one day. Thanks again for all the help and effort you put into these forums
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks Brent. Glad you and the girls could make it last night.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Of course I will still be around and always available for chit chat...fishing, tubing or whatever. Hope you get back in the groove soon and we can hit the water...or ice.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I will look forward to it. Ice will be here before I blink too many times. Thanks again for your support in all things fishing.
[signature]
Like TD I'm also disappointed about attendance, but not about the concept and ideas. I also disappointed about the lack of support given to TD and his efforts. Sometime I think it's easy to give lip service and talk a good game, but when the rubber meets the road or in this case when the tube is in the water it's a little different,
I am not ready to give up and would like to hear from the rest of the tubers and tooners about continuing the T-n-T club. I think we can still be successful, but I would like to hear from you.
[signature]
Lee as I said to Pat I think the idea of the club is great. I think the chance to share stuff we cant do on the forum, the swap meet, show and tell with pimped out rides, making rod holders and group outings. I am willing to hang on for a bit longer. With summer vacations coming to an end maybe we will see folks with some time on their hands and willing to come out. Winter time when we have the tubes put away and are fishing hard water might be a great time to do some of those make a rod holder, hands on stuff. I hope it gets better. But we wont be able to hang on with 3-5 people showing up.
[signature]
I agree that summer time is a hard time to get people together. AS it cools off people will want to come in doors. As for me my problem was and still is work scheduling conflicts. I would like to see it continue as well.
[signature]
Sorry to hear this didn't work... just as I was thinking it'd be fun to join such a group.

I'm shopping for a little pontoon boat/tube at the moment.

One thing I've done with other hobby groups is to keep them simple.

We can use the posting forum here to schedule events and get-togethers.

If you bring doughnuts for everyone, you are the president until someone else does.

I would like to learn from some of you with a bit more experience with this kind of fishing... techniques, gear, and locations are all going to be new to me next spring.
[signature]
The group is still going.

Look at the other posts in this section. They had this months meeting yesterday.

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/gforu...ead#unread
[signature]
Live to hunt----- Hunt to live.
We did indeed have the meeting last night. We had Lee, the guest speaker, 3 regular members and a couple guests. About the same turn out as last month. I will let Lee make anouncements from here but it seems we are not making this work. Thanks to Dan from Fish Tech. for his presentation, some very good info. Thanks Lee for your efforts in getting some folks to come talk to our group. Im sorry it isnt working.

Brent
[signature]
Yeah.... I wouldn't be much help for meeting attendance either. I'm not really interested in that sort of thing.

I would like to know when/if the group plans to do a joint Float Tube assault on a local fishery some morning.

That I would go to.
[signature]
Absolutely.
[signature]
Tube Dude,

I live in Northern California, so attending these meetings is not possible for me. I have really appreciated your input on he BFT forums. If you now have less time in your personal life to deal with BFT forums, I understand completely. But please, don't associate lack of attendance at the meetings with lack of interest/appreciation of your input on the Float Tube Forum.

Brookies
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I appreciate your kindly comments. Glad you enjoy BFT...and whatever contributions I make. I am not bailing out of the forums...just reducing the amount of time I spend on them. But I am stepping aside from active participation in the club. It has proven to be something that cannot generate enough ongoing activity to justify keeping it alive.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Actually, we received online applications from several members in cities and states that were too far away to ever expect attendance at meetings. It was nice to see the support, even from afar. But if there is not enough attendance and particpation on a local level to even be able to choose officers or establish a formal structure then it is not possible to continue as a club.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I started the float tube forum for BFT a long time ago and I will remain as a moderator and active contributor for as long as I am wanted or needed. Thankfully, we have a core group of members who are experienced enough to be able to handle most of the questions from newbies...and other older members alike. I am not really needed on most threads and discussions but I flatter myself that I can still help out on occasion. And I am usually happy to express my opinions...needed or not.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tube Dude,

I understand completely about the club. Glad you will still participate in the forums. I take your viewpoints and advice very seriously.

Brookies
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Thanks.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Where do you live and what are your favorite fishing holes?[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I lived in Sacramento for a few years and fished all over northern Cal.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tube Dude,

I live in a small town named "Dixon". It's about 25 miles southwest of Sacramento. I fish almost exclusively for trout now, though you might find me occasionally fishing for bass, shad, or catfish. I travel to Mono County in the Eastern Sierras three or four times a year for a week to ten days each trip. I fish a lot of lakes there (Big Virginia, Little Virginia, Trumbull, Lundy, Ellery, Tioga, and others). I also hike in and do day fishing trips at many backcountry lakes.

I also like to fish in the Gold Lakes Basin...Sardine, Salmon and Packer lakes, and the north fork of the Yuba River.

Alpine County is also a special place for me...Alpine Lake, Highland Lakes and others.

When I go and come back the same day, some of my favorite waters are:
Fuller Lake
Morningstar
Ice House
Stumpy Meadows
Sugar Pine
Lake Valley

Thanks for asking. I'm a 65 year old fisherman, and have been fishing a lot since my father started taking me to Manitoba and Saskatchiwan (spelling?) at age 4. As you well know, it's a "great addiction".

Brookies
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I know where Dixon is. Drove by it on my way to the Bay Area all the time.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Surprised that you drive all the way over to the eastern Sierras. Plenty of similar fishing north of Sacramento...and up around Tahoe. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]But the one good thing about the Sacramento area was that there wasn't much right in town but it was close to a lot other good fishing in all directions. However, I did fish the American and Sacremento Rivers a lot. I lived near Rancho Cordova, right on the American, and I caught lots of salmon, steelhead, shad, stripers and other fish by just walking over the levee and casting into some of my favorite holes.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Tube Dude,

I'm glad you had good fishing in this area. I do fish a little for bass, shad, and cats around here, but have become more and more of a trout fisherman throughout the years.

Brookies
[signature]