Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condie Reservoir Idaho
Thought about this awhile and finally decided this kind of management needs attention and maybe your source would help. I DON'T EVEN LIVE IN ID.!, but do spend $ for an out of state license !!! If I'm off base, feel free to set me straight.
This is a known trophy LM bass fishery and I'll let the pics. speak for themselves. There is a "Canal Co." that manages the water with the prime objective to provide water for irrigation and farmers.
Please don't get me wrong, the farmers have a very, very valuable need and need a common sense advantage. But doesn't the F&G have a responsibility to at least expend some effort to salvage this valuable resource and plant them in alternate ponds?

P.S. Ive posted on the ID. forum of you want to add your 2 cents!!!

At the damn face, deepest part of the pond.

[inline "Condie 2.jpg"]

At the pump outlet at the damn, after the pump was shut of.

[inline "Condie 3.jpg"]
[signature]
Thanks for keeping up the effort Leaky! Did you get any feedback on sending that picture TO the DNR?

Curious if you got a close enough look to tell - are they bass, mix of panfish? I'd expect a lot of those little gills and crappie might bite it earlier. Or would it be the bigger fish that suffer first?

What if we got some pickups, lined 'em with plastic, and get some nets . . . probably end up getting a ticket. THAT's when they'd bother to come check conditions!!!!
Over 90 % were bass with pan fish mixed in. [frown] I did get a response to my e-mail to the Id. F&G that they were forwarding my comments and pics. to the "fishery" dept", whatever that means,
I did mention the posting on the Id. forum which should contain your comments.
[signature]
I think a lot of the smaller fish were consumed by the bass as the water receded and they had nowhere to hide. It was a free for all for the bass before it became one for the pelicans.
[signature]