Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CARP DOUGHBALL
HI MY NAME IS JUSTIN I BEEN FISHING FOR YEARS AND I JUST STARTED FISH FOR CARP A YEAR AGO AND HAD SOME LUCK I BUT THIS YEAR ITS GOING TO DIFFERENTI HOPE TOO TRY TO FISH IN THE CONTEST THISYEARSO IF U CAN HEL P EMAIL ME<br><br><br>
Your in luck I just have some experience with carp. My favorite carp bait is “Nabisco’s Shredded Wheat” I found that makes the best dough ball. <br><br>For those who don’t know what a dough ball is, you take a hand full of shredded wheat dip it in the water (or beer or milk or stink-fish lure) mash until it turns in to a dough ball then mash around a hook (single hooks can be used, I prefer triple hooks) <br><br>Use a slip sinker or put your sinker at the bottom of your line for bite sensitivity. <br>A minimum of 12-pound test line is a must. I’ve caught carp that weigh in excel of 30 lbs. The worlds record held in Germany is over 89 pounds. I have had a hold of carp that have broken thirty-pound test line. So it is very important to try some knot test at home with weights or hook to the bumper to make sure you have the right knots on your swivels, leader line and your hooks. <br><br>I must say that I have had a lot of fun fishing with the old-timers as a youth on those hot lazy sunny days on the riverbanks. <br>Carp will eat just about anything you want to through out (bread, corn, hotdog, liver, worms, fish guts…), they are bottom feeding fish. Over in China they are use for cleaning and fertilizing rice beds.<br><br>Hope this helps, let us know how you do. <br><br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
that sounda yummy what porportions?<br>think that I would like to try that myself.<br>do you think it will still be good if after been forzen?<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown