Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Yuba
With all these Yuba reports, I decided to head back down there and give it a try this morning. I've been a couple times this year, and I've had decent success with some smaller Pike. My buddy really wanted me to take him down there, and so we headed out early. I was throwing cranks and swimbaits all in perch patterns, and my buddy was sinking red sided shiner minnows. We ended up catching three Pike in the couple hours we were there. The first two were pretty small, but I landed a pretty good sized Pike right before we took off. He taped in at 37 inches and just under 12 pounds. I kept seeing a big Pike surface every 5 minutes or so in the area we were fishing, and I saw him surface just two feet from shore. I threw my crankbait literally on top of him, and he just inhaled it. After a 20 minute battle, I managed to get him in the net. I attached a few pics. Yuba seems to be on fire lately. Pike fishing sure gets the blood pumping. We kept one for table fare. I'm excited to see how it tastes
[signature]
Hell to the yeah buddy! Nice work. I myself am heading down there Thursday and then camping there Saturday and Sunday for more of the pike action. It is just that fun!!!!!

PM sent.
[signature]