Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Finder, New Kayak, cats, bountiful
Well I finally buckled under my own wants and splurged on fishing alot in August. As my birthday month I found it understandable Wink I loaded up my new Pro Fisher kayak with my new Hummingbird fish finder with sidefinder and hit Bountiful lake.

Bountiful is fishing well for carp, bass and cats right now as long as you can get away from the crowds and present the right meal. Some days carp meat kills the cats others they wont even touch it. Change it up!

Knowing from diving/swimming Bountiful the water only breaks 11 ft in very few places I was hoping to test out the Sidefinder. I'd never seen it before and hoped it worked well, sure does! You can switch between several distances and widths of the beam and it will shoot straight down in the usual cone and also straight forward to wherever you point the finder. I wasn't expecting to much but was very suprised when it turned out to be very accurate! It's a blessing to be able to rotate the reciever while looking at the screen and see what around you for 160 yards in a full 360'.

I was also extremely impressed with the Kayak. It's sturdy enough you can stand up easily and cast/flyfish from it without fear of getting wet. It also has three rod holders with is good.

I'd highly suggest both to anyone interested in a good finder or a new p.w.c.

Now I just need to learn how T.D would PVC rig my kayak and I'm set!
[signature]