Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
big cottonwood creek
fished big cottonwood creek monday(9/3/12) and only fished an hour and caught 8 fish. 6 browns and 2 brookies. I was using a hopper dropper and caught most on the dry fly. I was fishing a section of it where it flattened out into a meadow and there were willows everywhere. There was also a abandoned road that led down to the stream where I fished. I think the hopper action will slow down with the fall weather approaching and had 2 questions. 1. Are there any good fall hatches that occur on this creek and if so when do they come, and 2. are there other possibly better places to try to fish this creek.
[signature]
any pics??? Idk what hatch is going on up there but i have notice that EHC have been more active lately in uinta.
[signature]
I am seeing hoppers everywhere right now. Plus emerges, cripples, and nymphs and acids. I agree END are great but there are so many others. Don't forget PMDs.
[signature]
maybe as well a small white drake
[signature]
how long do you this creek will still be fishing well?
[signature]
Where is this spot? I have never fished big cottonwood and really need to try it!
[signature]
As your drive up the canyon about 2 miles ish past the s curve the stream begins to start to be less of waterfalls and pools and more fishable waters. As you pass a couple turn offs you will see a smaller one (could maybe have 5 cars parked there max) on your right hand side. The give away for this spot is the abandoned road that runs down to the river from this pull off. just follow that river down to the road. at least thats where I went and i caught 8 in an hour. just remember waders are required (watershed) and to be very sneaky and not to spook the fish.
[signature]
Very cool... Thanks dude!
[signature]