Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard trippn
Hit Willard Thursday evening with Wiperhunter2. Had a great time even if the wind was blowing. Normally I fish off the bank by the feed lot, using a bike to get around. Last night I got to ride in style in Wiperhunters2's boat, what a treat. We went over to a spot by the feed lot to see if the midget Wipers were still there. Found the water had dropped to 2 feet deep in some places. Did manage one fish each for us both but had slowed, and most the fish hadn't showed.
So off trolling we went Wiperhunter@ showed me his patented 50/50 method of trolling. Seemed to be a well thought out method. The wind was up and down and at one point thought it would blow us off the lake.
Went to the North dike and applied the method and walla my rod bent and soon landed my first "adult Wiper for the year"(see pic). Had one more hook up a bit later
but the rooky troller (me) lost it.
That was about it. Thank you Curt for the great evening of fishing and good talk. Really enjoyed your company! I guess boat fishing really is more fun than I previously thought![cool]
[signature]
That's a chunk wiper! I suppose the wind kept the boils down, is anyone seeing them anymore?
[signature]
With the continued cooling in water temps 75* when we arrived and 72* when we left, plus the big wind, I'm just glad we were able to catch a few fish. I enjoyed fishing with you as well Todd and hope we can get out again soon.
For you Power Squad folks, watch out for the old coffer dam, it has come out of the water, by the Feed lot, and if you are one of those folks that love to run close to the dike, you will find yourself beaching your boat if your not careful in that area.
Fish-or-die- no boils, none since right after you and I were out there.
[signature]