Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this cheating?
Pink Unibobber impaled on a dry fly hook.

That's it.

[inline 20120905_182241.jpg]
[signature]
I LOVE those things. Did you tie a fly using it as a parachute or use it as a Thingamabobber?
I caught one on a #12 olive EHC They are sniffing the surface so I gave them something to smell...LOL
Good job. We got to go Carp Hunting together some time.
[signature]
Are you using one of those plastic indicators that come in a pack of usally 20-50?? [Wink]

If so that's interesting you caught a carp on just he color of a plastic that attracted a small carp ha ha ha good job.
[signature]
They are called Uni-bobbers and they are made for flies

[url "http://youtu.be/05R25O7ayFo"]http://youtu.be/05R25O7ayFo[/url]
[signature]
interesting never seen one before till now lol
[signature]
They are great for Spiders, PMX, hoppers, etc bigger dries
[signature]
okay lol the only thing i was is to catch a carp on my fly rod for once but lately when i hit the jordan river no luck at all tossing. wolly, copper john, red san juan worm, ect what ever is in my box.
[signature]
I have yet to actually tie with a unibobber. I bought them thinking I'd to do up a bunch of big dries for my next trip to the Green. West Water keeps coming out with really neat stuff.

But I've seen carp EAT, not just nose or nibble, but totally swallow the pink thingamabobber I was using as an indicator. Thus, I just put the smaller unibobber in the same color on a hook.

Crazy, last week my carpin' spot was totally covered in green sludge (I think something that was coming off of the trees?). I could see schools of them just under the sludge, their dorsal fins and mouths poking through as they slurped up whatever it was. This little unibobber fly is the only thing that the goo wasn't sticking to. Actually managed to get 4-5 this way.

It would be awesome to meet up sometime. Could you send me a PM next time you go?
[signature]
BRILLIANT! Have you tried thee yellow? I caught some in the sludge by greasing the leader and using the corn ball on top, but like you said, the sludge would stick the the Chenille.
I hopped on my bike and rode the river path this morning Spotted some movement but water stained bad and a little higher. A couple a cast and a lot of LM and got this one on the corn ball.
The stripping guide (first one) on this rod is 33" , my phone 5 3/4".

[Image: 005-4.jpg]
[signature]
I will have to try the yellow! Figures, since that's the best color for glow bugs...

That is one mighty carp! *jealous* When you have to use the distance to the guide for size comparison, well, wow.

At my spot they are sure plentiful, but most are only about 15 inches. Looks like I might need to try somewhere else to find the big'uns (an LM or two wouldn't suck either).
[signature]