Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Record Archery Elk (Non Fishing)
[cool]I know a lot of BFT folks chase furry critters around the hills too. I also know a few you are archery fans. So, thought I would send a link about a new pending record elk bagged by a bowhunter in northern Arizona. The web page did not have the pic that was in the paper. That rack was huge. Made the guy look small.

[url "http://www.azcentral.com/travel/arizona/outdoors/articles/1030out-centerpiece1030.html"]http://www.azcentral.com/travel/arizona/outdoors/articles/1030out-centerpiece1030.html[/url]
[signature]
Dude you dont send somethign like that without a link to a pic or something.

that has to be a monster. that is huge.
[signature]
Here it is. Not very good. I'll keep looking.
[signature]
[cool]There was a pic in the printed newspaper, but not for the article online. So...for the visually oriented...I fired up my trusty scanner and attempt hereby to rectify my oversight. Here's the scanned pic as an attachment.

I'm not sure I would have the guts to go up against a bull that big, with only a set of fletched ammo. But, I remember seeing old movies of the legendary Howard Hill killing a big bull elephant with a bow. And of course, the late Fred Bear has filmed documentation of arrowing big Kodiaks...Alaskan brown bears...and polar bears.

Ya gotta be good, and ya gotta be lucky. And, ya gotta be good and lucky. (Kinda like marriage)
[signature]
Very goog looking elk. It would be nice to have a chance to stick something like that!
[signature]
[cool]Just to see one like that would be a religious experience. I know. As a kid in Idaho I tagged along on hunting trips with my dad and uncles in the Selway wilderness area...and others. I once sat on a rock, waiting as I was instructed by my dad, and had one that was easily ten times that big walk within a few feet of me. Well...it seemed ten times that big.
[signature]
Chuck Adams new potential world record bull from Montana

[Image: P2_h_fea_Adamselk_Burkhead.jpg]

Potential non-typical world record "Grandpa" bull 438 green score from AZ unti 8

[Image: P2_h_fea_elk_AZ_Granpal_03.jpg]

AZ governers tag bull

[Image: 2003GovTag%20012edit.JPG]

WA bull 419

[Image: Ellensbull.jpg]

Utah has 3 400 class bulls that might break both state records.

[size 1]All info is second hand and I don't guarentee the pictures are real, just impressive to look at.[/size]
[signature]
oh that post was from me by the way
[signature]
might as well plan on your odds going up big time now for Southern Utah limited entry elk with all the huge bulls whacked this year.
[signature]
Drawing a bull elk tag in Utah sucks anyway.

Here's another 430 BC bull from AZ.

[Image: fac19608.jpg]
[signature]
i find it pretty Sad residents here are now convinced it takes 15 to 20 years and bonus points just to draw out somewhere. sorry but there is something wrong with that number. yet so many people in this state thinks its the norm. perhaps game management should learn from this interesting epidemic. i remember hunting down by salina one year on a spike hunt. needless to say i saw 12 different herd bulls wandering around bugling in the middle of the day till noon. and they stayed out in the oak brush till noon. i have never seen elk act like that other than yellowstone. not to mention the herd bulls only had 6 to 7 cows with them because there were so many. ???? something wrong with that picture.

thanks for sharing the arizona pic hedge. im going to start putting in down there most places draw in five years down there.
[signature]