Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber River
Hi All,

I am new to the area, thinking of hitting the Weber River tomorrow after work. Any advice or thoughts you have for me would be appreciated.

General locations? - no need to give away your favorite spot but some good general areas to get me started?

Flies?

Anything else?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Thanks,

David
[signature]
try btween RP and echo anywhere and nymphin use any kind of sow bug/scud imitation. if dry flying try humpys or possibly hoppers but i dno yet on those havent been there for a few weeks and we only saw a couple of em jumpin around so maybe they are showing up more now.
[signature]
I like the lower area around peterson. Favorite flies: scuds, sow bugs, hares ear, grey stone, caddis larva. I've never had much luck with top water action on the Weber. Right now is a great time to start throwing some streamers also. Olive and black patterns have worked well for me.
[signature]
Flows are really high right now on the middle so I wouldnt go thier, havent fished the lower lately so not sure thier, good luck
[signature]
Anyone dared to venture to the lower near taggart ?
[signature]
Im preety sure its still reallly high too, although I havent fished it ive driven by last weekend and most of the river seems really high , if it was me I would fish the lower section south of the 89.
[signature]
Drove the length of the lower Weber yesterday evening. Echo is barely a puddle. High and dark around Taggart and Henefer. The mouth of the canyon had better flows but still dark.
[signature]