Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
strawberry help
Hey guys, I'm heading down to strawberry this weekend and I need help. I'm new to strawberry and can anyone give me some tips and tricks. And what rig up my fly rod and what type of flys I should use. And also I only have floating line. And also I will be fishing on the shore and from a boat. Thank you
[signature]
Put some weight on your line to get it down about 6-10 feet. Light olive wooly bugger/leech and a light yellow leech is what worked for me. With the floating line you might have to fish a little slower to keep it down, there are a bunch of fish near the surface now though, so try with and without weight.
[signature]
Where do you put weight on your line?
[signature]
You can put it anywhere on the leader, usually 12" or so from the fly. If you tie your own flies add a bunch of lead to the buggers. Use a long leader/tippet 15', use 6 lb fluorocarbon for the tippet.
[signature]
I've done well throwing white.black or grey zonkers. fish early in the morning before the sun gets on it. they will start being more active in the day as temps begin to cool but just try different depths and retrieves also try putting a trailer nymph behind your streamer like a prince nymph or pheasant tail. here was my biggest on the fly this year from the berry.
[signature]