Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
simplest perching I ever had
Went down to Millmeadow Res. by myself for a few days of weekday fishing.
I was aware that the Res. is being drained for dam repairs so no matter if this is called hotspotting. The trout limit is now 8 due to the coming die off.
Only caught 2 trout as the perching was so fast that I don't think the trout had time to grab anything before it was taken.
The boat ramp is unusable due to low water which was fine by me no zoom problems. Was a little strange to be the only person at the whole place but sure was peaceful.
I don't think I would take little kids there as the banks are super steep
and loose footing is treacherous.
The easiest fishing for perch was off steep banks with a simple slip bobber set about 6 to 8 feet down and a small piece of crawler with a hook or small jig with crawler chunk.
best fishing was morning and evening, afternoon not so good.
I kept about 30 or so in the 8 to 10in. range, few pushing 12in.
but not many. water looks bad with the bloom going on but hey the fish didn't seem to care.
If you decide to try it forget the boat. Tube is doable but for the perch was really no need.
Good fishing!
[signature]
I love a good perching, and nothing like fall action to find those hungry schools.

You're making me wanna pull out the double drop shot and go digging for 'em! Just got some fresh bobber stops so I can tie up a slip rig.

Nice report. Sounds like a good size class there. Bet ya had some raw fingers by the end of the fillet session!
I forgot to mention dont cast out far, Best was only about 10-12 feet from the bank if that, also they kept biting late enough that I used a lighted slip bobber.
Best time for me was about 4pm till dark thirty,
A few in the day but not near as fast as early and late.
Good luck if you go!
[signature]
[left]Nice report on a place we don;t hear about enough. Great work and even better catching man. All we need is some pics.[/left]
[left] [/left]
[left]If a place is that far away I would not call it hottspoting. Besides it is up to the original poster what info they want or don't want to give out. So post freely! I sure am not headed from SLC to get there as I am sure most BFT'ers are not either. Most of the members live up north to where that is a hell of a trip to catch perch. [/left]
[signature]
Tyedye guys,
I did take a camera and took a few pics of the lake.
But alas no pics of the fish as I figured most guys on here have seen bunches of perch many times.
The carcasses are still in the fridge as my wife wants to bury them in the garden.
More like make me do it! ( I mean the fillet leavings)
So all I have is bones and guts to show,
I took pics of the lake to show I wasnt fooling about the banks.
I will try to post those up
here goes!
[signature]
Sorry, no dice, try again
[signature]