Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey Bows
Fall has arrived!
[Image: DSC08434_zpsae22829e.jpg]
Caught some bows
[Image: DSC08447_zps8a36a116.jpg]
Colors are changing and the weather was great!
[Image: DSC08425_zps6c2012b6.jpg]
[Image: DSC08418_zpsc000a8f3.jpg]
[Image: DSC08406_zps38241fb0.jpg]
Still haven't caught a Cutt out of there yet and I found out the hard way about checking tippet knots after each fish. Had a dandy one and he broke my knot before I could get a look at him.[mad]
[signature]
That's a bummer about losing the big one. Was that last picture the boy scout arm? The water level looks crazy low.
[signature]
Great pics and thanks for the report. Have you ever hunted grouse up there?
WH2
[signature]
Yes, It was the scout arm and it is very low. I thought I was going to break my neck climbing down to the water in my tube!
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]Great pics and thanks for the report. Have you ever hunted grouse up there?
WH2[/quote]

There is a lot of private property around there, along with a CWMU. So I stay away, just to avoid the hassle. I fish now more than hunt, but I still take my dog out looking for birds.
[signature]
Actually, there is a bunch of public land to the East of Causey with easy access but you do have to do some hiking to get to it. I'm with you, I do more fishing now than hunting. After reading your report this morning I decided to take a drive up there to see how it looks for ice fishing season. Here are my pics, by the way, the last pic looks like a better place to launch, it is on the Causey Estates side.
[signature]
Yes it is easier over there, but I would have to kick alot to make it over to the other side in my tube. Those are nice pics and it is a beautiful area.
[signature]