Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Visit to Henry's Lake & Island Park Res.
Visited Henry's Lake and Island Park reservoirs last Tuesday the 18th. Island Park res. is really low and the water is soupy green with small floating algae. Best fishing would be in open water from a boat trolling. Henry's Lake is now a $5.00 fee charge at the State of Idaho Public Park launch on the south side. The county public launch site on the north side is free but very weedy. Wild Rose on the northeast side of Henry's Lake has a $10.00 launch fee for boats at the private resort. Fishing appeared very slow and only a half dozen boats were on the lake. I didn't even use my float tube and wet a line.

DeeCee
[signature]
Isn't Henry's at the state ramp a park? and when you buy the Idaho passport covered under that? I was just wondering as i still hoping to make it up there before it freezes
[signature]
We fished it a week ago saturday, 3 hours with 2 of us and didn't turn a fish. Threw flys, some spinning gear. Seems to be pretty weedy still. Ill give it a couple more weeks before I head back up.
[signature]
We fished Island Park the last three days and landed over 100 fish . Curt G.
[signature]
The State at Henry's has charged for as long as I have gone. There is a year pass for $40. I was there a week ago. Not fast and furious, but then got in the honey hole. Did get to fish with Denny Rickards one day.
[signature]
Around the first part of October they stop charging , but they also pull the docks .
[signature]
Drowning Flys
Yes it is a state park for Idaho. I don't know if the pass you refer to covers the entrance fee or not. Sorry

DeeCee
[signature]
Thanks for the info

As long as its a state park the passport covers it, we buy one every year to fish mindadoka and don't forget when you license your vehicles in 2013 you can get the pass for 10.00 and it covers all state parks in Idaho.
[signature]
Drowning Flys.

I just read in the newspaper a couple of days ago that officials from the state of Idaho were going to meet and one matter of business was concerning the state park pass. When you renew your drivers license you might then have the opportunity to pay for the $10.00 pass and it is good for various state parks. I don't know if this information helps any?

DeeCee
[signature]