Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book cliffs deer
I was just wondering if any body else has been out scouting for a book cliffs deer? I have been out a couple times and it just dont seem like there is as many deer as in the past. I just wanted to get someone elses opinion.
[signature]
i dont know about this year, but in years past as fall progresses they always seem to drop off the book cliffs divide and spread out in lower elevations. more concentrated up top during the bow hunt. they really live up to their name "gray ghost". dry year, in an already somewhat dry unit. maybe focus efforts around water? if you know the book cliffs, then i'm probably not telling you anything you dont already know. when they get tough to find out there, i like to cover ALOT of ground. combination of spotting scope, truck, and boot leather (spotting scope more the older i get!)[Wink]
[signature]
The other thing I found out was there where a bunch of houndsmen out there and they had the deer spooked pretty bad. But this last weekend they where gone and i saw more deer than the two previous trips out. So i am not as nervous as i was before. Thank you for the input though I will let you know how I do.
[signature]