Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fall Fishing tour -- lots of bites!
I've hit a few lakes with the family primarily for them to take pictures -- but of course I brought the pole along.

The highlight was probably Scofield.... shore tangled there for about two hours by the dam. The first hour I fought in six trouts.,.. three around 12", but two were 14" and one was a very nice 16".... very nice for a shore cast anyway. I put them all back and was kicking myself for not having MY camera with me when the big-un came in.

The second hour I was left standing on the shore. Boy did that bite just turn off.

A long lunch at Utah Lake and the Whites were hitting hard... another 6 10-12" clones.... and a few other tiny ones. I kept some for fish tacos -- but they were skinny fish. Those who really like catching white bass need to go thin that heard... they looked starved. And that was some fast fishing.

I ended up at American Fork canyon this evening. Pulled a couple of 12"-ish trout out of the river and a bunch out of Tibblefork -- all released but one 14" for dinner tomorrow.

I have a couple of boat trips planned for late week and weekend. Hopefully the success rate will continue and the size will increase with access to deeper water.
[signature]
Sounds like you did good at scofield. I have been meaning to try that place out, but the reports of chubs turned me off. What species of trout did you get from there?
[signature]
They were all rainbows. There were two other bank tanglers across the bay bait fishing. They pulled up one or two while I was there as well.

Two deer came down for a drink while I was there... and all the colors.... that was a great break.
[signature]
Fishing from shore at Scofield can be awesome! I remember a trip a few years back. Casting out floating line with a small foam hopper and a dropper of a small red Copper John. You could see them swim up the the hopper then dive for the nymph. Fun stuff!.
[signature]
I was wishing I had fly gear that day.... lots of surface activity all round.

Fly gear should be in place for next season though....
[signature]