Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Caddis Lovers
Thought you tiers might like this

http://vimeo.com/user5762237/realistic-c...-fly-tying
[signature]
Wow... that's awesome! Wonder how it holds up.
[signature]
Definitely a good looking fly.. I don't think im patient enough to tie something like that lol! I've mentioned several times on here about the Hemingway caddis I like to tie. I took a suggestion from Sinergy and started making it witha taped wing. Now it is alot more durable. Its alot simpler then the one in the video but still takes me quite awhile to tie. I have a ways to go before I attempt anything that complicated.
[signature]
Wow! Form meets function and creates art. While I wouldn't attempt any time soon, the video showed a lot of tying techniques that I read about but didn't fully understand.

Maybe I'll pick up the materials and spend a long winter's night tying 1 of these.
[signature]
Ill take a dozen of those FG [Wink]
[signature]
Checking my stash to see if I have all the material. I just tied up a bunch of #18 Bead Head Prince and Red and Orange Pheasant Tails plus some Elk Hair Caddis (of specific size and color). The Uinta's are still calling...LOL

Wouldn't mind trying this pattern. See what I can come up with.

Might need to substitute some material like the legs:
Hook: Short Shanked #14-16
Thread: Sheer 14/0 or similar
Extended Body: 2mm Brown Foam
Legs: Japanese Nymph Legs
Antennae: Nutria Guard Hairs
Body: SWISSCDC CDC Dubbing Dark Brown
Underwing: SWISSCDC Super Select CDC Khaki Campbell
Wing: Medallion Sheeting Mottled Brown
[signature]
When are you planning a trip to the uintas let me know ill try and make it if I can!
[signature]
Wow I would hate to see the finished product after I attempted this! I second the Uintas trip... Would love to learn from the experts!
[signature]