Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starvation
Starvation has plenty of thick ice. Fishing is best in the morning and evenings. Friday a nine pound brown was caught as well as seventeen walleye just off the dam face by one angler. During the day, fishing was slow. Lures are twister tail grubs, spoons, night crawlers on jig heads.<br><br>
I have watfhed thousands of fishing shows and yet I still have not seen anything on the Great Salt Lake.<br>Are there any fish in that lake?<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
Davetclown, I doubt that you will ever see a fishing show on the GSL. If you do, I suspect it will be a brine shrimp fishing show. As far as I know the salt content is too high for fish, but I have often wondered if stripers could survive in the half that has a higher fresh water content. The GSL may not provide great fishing, but the marshes and large body of water sure helps hold the ducks and geese here. You may have seen the bear river bird refuge section of the lake on the World of Ducks Unlimited TV. <br><br>
Well now, I guess you can fish the GSL, that is if you like tackleing big waves and maybe fowl hooking a few brine shrimp Wink..The GSL is 7 times saltier then the ocean, so no striped bass gonna survive in there, besides I don't think that they'll get fat off of brine shrimp..<br><br>
Thanks for showing up Frozen fish. I appreciate you.<br><br>
Is this the first utah bft post?[crazy]
[signature]
Nope.

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=7776;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread"]Click here for the first Utah forum post[/url]:
[signature]