Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big Crappie
Took the wife fishing Saturday and she had a ball, even though she says here arms are sore. We caught about 2 dozen bass and these Crappie, she had the magic pole for the big ones.
[signature]
Wow they are nice slabs. Too bad the picture doesn't really show how big they are. Good job. Later J
[signature]
Shore it do - he's got the ruler right there. I see 13 on the mark, beat that footlong panfish barrier! Boldy go!

Nice doing. Did you get a mix of smallies and largies? Been having a pretty regular go of the bass and crappie on the Bear. Had a thunk of a bass work me over pretty good before giving me back my jig.

Even heard a couple fellers caught into some decent Walleye just down from where I was. Still need to learn the ways of the walleye! Maybe I'll find some this fall.

Strap on the feedbag - the Chilly Air's a-coming!
Good. Looking slabs! I'm sure the feast was even better. Nice job!
[signature]
Jeff, I need to find a way to show how thick they are. Anybody got some photography tricks?

Yote, we caught mostly smallies just a few largemouths. Some pretty good ones still there for the spawn, even though they have my lures in their mouths. And a lot of big crappie that came off at the boat. we only keep a few of the good eating ones anyway.

RC, My wife can cook these to where it's hard to know if it's jumbo deep fried shrimp. Realllllllllly Gooooooooood.
[signature]
I guess when you have a 13 inch crappie next to a cookie sheet it looks a little more impressive than next to a 12.5 inch crappie. This was a nice batch of fish. You and Rod are driving me nuts with all these fish you're catching while I'm busy farming. One of these days I'll get out for my skunking. Got the wheat planted, just finishing the sprinkling then maybe I'll give it a try. Later J
[signature]
Did you fish that same spot? Or did you move around a little more? Did you put in a full day? Or just a little while? Are you tipping your lures with worm? I need every trick if I'm going to break my skunk streak out there. Nice job. Later J
[signature]
Fished from a little bit up stream down to the 3 way divergence. find the deep holes and fish the edges.
I dont tip with anything just 2-3 inch soft plastics.
[signature]
Thanks Rod, I appreciate that. Do you fish the plastic under a bobber? Guess I better try it soon the guns will be out in force Saturday. Maybe the fish will make up for the lack of fowl this year. Later J
[signature]
I'll tip with a worm sometimes if the bites are slow, but some of my river-buddies don't tip with anything. Just curly tail jigs, but one guy always runs a double rig - one a bit shorter than the other.

Mostly green-chartreuse, and a blue-red, I've tried all flavors of colors - to white. Someone told me that was the go-to for Walleye. Still trying to prove it to myself.

I've been having some good bites with a shaky-head jig, tipped with a plastic craw, or worm, or some buggy looking thing. Just bounce and lift - across the bottom.

The guys kind of laugh at me when I pull out a spinner, cuz they don't know anyone else who targets Crappie with spinners. I've met a few Crappie that have a different opinion.

Hey Jeff - Friday afternoon on the river? Think about it - just a few casts before sunset.
Nice catch!! Here is some I caught to give everyone the size of the crappies.
[signature]
Yote that may be a good possibility. I have a crew that I usually prepare duck blinds for but I don't think there are enough ducks to waste my time building blinds so that might just work out. I'll keep in touch. Later J
[signature]
rod im jealous good job man i need to get out
[signature]