Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for Lost Creek Reservoir fishing reports
So next weekend me and my dad are going to fish either Lost creek reservoir or the creek that comes out of the dam before we pick up a new puppy. Has any1 fished either of the 2?
[signature]
I'd be interested in the same info, if anyone has been up to Lost Creek and had a chance to check out the boat ramp, I'd love to find out if it is still in the water, or has the water level dropped too far to launch a boat?
WH2
[signature]
Water is low but can still launch at the ramp. Lost Creek out of the dam has only a very little public access. Private access for much of the stream. Get permission or plan on a visit with the Morgan County Sheriff. Enjoy the wild turkey flocks along the road from the cement plant to the reservoir. Look out for deer and an occasional elk.

Fishing was good last week in the boat ramp arm. Gets windy about 12 noon or 1 pm. I picked up 14 rainbows and cutts between 12:30 pm and 5 pm. Sinking line, the usual streamers: mohair leech, California Leech and Canadian Brown Mohair Leech. Fishing friend did well with Rickard's Fiery Brown Seal Leech. Fished from my pontoon.

I netted 2 cutts at the top of the slot limit: one 19+ inches and another that might have been stretched to 22 inches. It wasn't quite there but will be soon. Both a pleasant surprise. No Tiger trout taken.

I also trapped 23 crayfish with fish flavored cat food. Let them go as I wasn't ready to deal with them. Just wanted a few for size and color to provide a pattern for tying. Boiling pot will go with me the next time.

See you this week? Fat guy with straw hat, no sun block and Blue Scadden pontoon. CB radio on channel 2
[signature]
Thanks for the nice detailed post Paparex. I'm not sure what you are asking below[:/]. See you where this week?
[quote paparex]
See you this week? Fat guy with straw hat, no sun block and Blue Scadden pontoon. CB radio on channel 2[/quote]
[signature]
Lost Creek is one of my favorite places to fish. I usually go there weekly. If you and I are at Lost Creek at the same time, say hello. I carry a CB radio tuned to channel 2 if you want tot say hello, or share your success or find out what has been working well for me.

I don't fly a pirate flag or something to identify myself. But do have a blue Scadden pontoon, usually wear a straw hat I bought in Guatemala, and am about 8 inches too short for my weight. I will be fishing with one of my grandson's about 50% of the time.

If I never run into you at Lost Creek, Good Luck for the rest of the year. Remember the slot limit at Lost Creek. Be sure and post your trip so we can share your experience.
[signature]
What is slot, to lazy to look up proc.
[signature]
I think it is the same as the Berry, all cutts between 15-22" must be released, you can keep 3 under 15" and one over 22".
[signature]
[quote wiperhunter2]

I think it is the same as the Berry, all cutts between 15-22" must be released, you can keep 3 under 15" and one over 22".

[/quote]

[#000080]Not quite the same. For Lost Creek the 15-22" slot applies to ALL TROUT.[/#000080]
[signature]