Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goala- Bear Walleye
Had an afterwork bop to the Bear on Thursday - got into a mess of Crappie, nicest was almost a footlong. Brought home a half dozen. But no bass on this outing, even though I threw my shaky heads at 'em.

[inline "Bear Crappie 10_5.jpg"]

Got back out Sunday afternoon, and wanted to try some different spots along the river. At one spot I got nothing on my bottom soaker, but kept getting poked at by peckers near the rocks. Bump de bump - never did hook one up - and didn't feel like downsizing, probably gills or sunfish.

Moved on to another locale, and got a few chases in to shore - finally hooked up a flasher, and it was a Crappie. Had some tugs on my dropshot, and hooked into a young channel. Footlonger wasn't picture worthy, nor was the young bass who slammed my curly tail.
Managed a few more Crappie, and saw numerous other young fish playing tag and follow the leader.

[inline "Bear Walleye 10_7_12.jpg"]

Then got a bit heavier bump, and my line loaded up. Now this was a long lean Crappie - and it had teeth! Yup, gots me a wide-eyed Walleye. Measured up at a good 16 - so no monster, and I didn't find his fat lady to join the party.
Not my first Walleye, but my first Bear eye, so I'll take the feather.

[inline "Bear Bag 10_7.jpg"]
another fun day on the bear CS. great to see you got your bear river walleye .
[signature]
There's Always Time For One More Cast
Nice, Glad you got atleast a baby eye.
[signature]
Nice job Yote. I didn't get a chance to run over Thursday or Friday but I tried it for about an hour on Saturday afternoon. But I got skunked again. I was thinking the weather shift had shut them down but it doesn't look like it from your post. Guess I just don't have the skills to get onto them. Guess I need more practice. Later J
[signature]
Ha - the one day I didn't go . . .

You need to give me a shout when you have a pass, even a quickie trip. Custom sports - curly tail grubs and jig heads, turn right as you go in. Sometimes doesn't matter what color - I had white the other day, but lots of folks seem to go with the green tints and flavors.

But I'm tired of hearing about you living up to your name bud! We gotta do something 'bout dat!

OSF - I swear you're my "fish stalker" - everywhere I go - you show up. And you'd hate it J - this guys pops up, plops in a line wherever you've been and starts pulling fish out before you know it! I should call you a "fish magnet" more like! Thanks for showing me the tree method. I'm usually just getting hung up in them more than hanging from them! haha
Haha. Now am i stalking u or the fish
[signature]
Wish I had an idea when I can sneak off. I usually just finish a job and decide to grab a pole and go try a few casts. I'll have to see if different jigs would help. I'm afraid it's the jigger not the lure that is the problem. Sure wish I knew what I'm do'en wrong. Got a few more get ready for winter tasks then I think I'll have more time to play. Been wondering if Hyrum is picking up and if you can still launch a boat there. Have you been over lately?
[signature]
Good jo on your first BR walleye. I still have yet to figure them out as well as i would like but do manage to catch a few a year.
[signature]