Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go?
I'll be a Class B bachelor for a few days starting Friday. Looking for a place to take my kayak for a day or two. I'm thinking Deer Creek or somewhere near there. I'll be moteling at least one night, maybe two.

From the reports here, nowhere is exactly hot right now, but TubeDude's report on DC was a bit encouraging.

Any suggestions?
[signature]
Lake Powell or some of the easy to access lakes on Boulder Mtn is the place to be right now for Kayak fishing. If you want to stay closer to SLC maybe give Strawberry a try.
[signature]
I second Boulders, but Deer Creek can be a blast. It is close and should do quite well.
[signature]
Thanks for the ideas. Forgive my "ignurnce" but where in the flying fantod is this Boulder Mtn?
[signature]
I am likely going to take my Pro Angler for its maiden voyage to the Berry this Saturday or Sunday, the weather forecast may determine which day.
[signature]
Don't know what your range or locale twood be, but a kayak on Newton now would work goodly. I might end up there this weekend myself. When it gets low, the bite can get hot, cuz they're so condensed.

But I haven't been up for a couple of weeks. Just that precious time when you can be pretty well sure no wakeboarders will be blasting past! So you can chase the bass, perch, and musky to heart's content.
Too low is a problem. The Pro Angler weighs 150 pounds ready to launch, and it needs a wheeled cart to move the thing. Mud is not good.

If you go to Berry on Saturday, I'd love to help launch the only other PA14 in the state. It's a three-hour drive for me, so mid-morning is about the soonest I could arrive.
[signature]