Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greenhead blasting
I was in NYC all week and wasn't able to post this up before I left so I'm a week late. Last Monday a buddy took me to a spot on "farmington bay" for an early morning shoot. Weather was cool but no wind, I hate hunting when it's perfectly still!

Set up on an amazing little pond just before light and waited for the birds to come in. They didn't. We caught a few buzzing the dekes but after we'd knocked down 2 a piece we were about ready to call it a day, Ok five more minutes.

Out of no where a flock of 10 mallards is cruising our dekes at 20 yards. Kill em!! I pulled up on the lead green head and pulled the trigger, he crumbles along with the hen behind him! Move to the next bird and rock then drop him with my next two shells. Alright! I ran hooting and hollering towards the first two and my buddy came out of the grass with my third. "How many did you get?" I ask. "none" he whiffed on the back drake 4 times! This guy's a pro, so I didn't rub it in too bad. Maybe just a little [Smile]

This season's looking pretty great, can't wait to get back in the game! Look at the color in these birds, never seen such pretty ducks in october!

[inline downsized_1008121107.jpg]
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing!!! I have shot a couple of greens also with great color already...
[signature]
were you hunting from a boat and how were the water levels could you get a boat out there.
[signature]
The picture sucks, but his weekend we shot some heavily covered mallards as well. We were up at the crane, the refuge and public for a 3 day venture.
[signature]
Whiffed four times? No plug? Wink
[signature]
Nice bunch of birds. Smile And they do look great for this time of year.
[signature]
Very nice Jmaze!! [cool]
[signature]
AH! yeah, whats up with that. Though I do know guys with auto's that can rip threw three shells and put another one in before the birds get to far out Smile LOL!
[signature]
He has the fourth shell in his hand, gettin pretty good at throwing it in when he needs it too!
[signature]
No, we walked in and I doubt anything but an air boat could get to this spot.

FYI it wasn't at farmington
[signature]
[quote fish_or_die]He has the fourth shell in his hand, gettin pretty good at throwing it in when he needs it too![/quote]

Heck yeah, I have no problem wiffing 4 times with my double barrel.
2 when they're comming in and 2 when they're going away.
[signature]
nice shootin
[signature]
will be looking for that open invite the next time out Wink
[signature]
Nice job on the Green heads! but I'm with FNA no plug huh.....ummmm
[signature]