Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My 2012 Bull Elk!
Anyone who hunts here in Utah knows the points-game you have to play to hunt for certain species in certain areas, and I'm not wealthy so I can't just go and "buy" a hunt when I want to. Long story short, this is the result of 12 points over 20+ years of applications (put in for other species some of those years), and it all came together with the help of some good friends.
Was a 200 yard shot on the 2nd day and after my shot this bull raced into the woods. We knew he was hit good but didn't know where he had been hit. About 45 minutes later we found him after tracking and waiting (He kept getting up and moving as we got close) and finally hearing the death moan. Turns out it was a heart shot, but we just had to wait for him to bleed out. It was truly a hunt of a lifetime for me. First Bull Elk ever!

[inline "Randys Bull 2012.JPG"]
[signature]
I used to N.ot have E.nough T.ime O.ff to go fishing.  Then I retired.  Now I have less time than I had before. Sheesh.
What a GORGEOUS BULL!! WAY TO GO!!!
[signature]
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

TheAngler BFT Moderator
Very nice Randy. Congrats to you.
[signature]
Right on N.E.T.O.!!!!
[signature]
Congrats on a mighty fine Bull. And a full freezer too!
[signature]
way nice bull. What unit was it in if ya dont mind me asking. Im sittin on 11 points and usually put in for the south cache, thanks. And again good job.
[signature]
Congratulations Randy on a mighty fine elk.
[signature]
Well done!
[signature]
Congrats on closing the deal on a nice bull! Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
Well done! Thanks for sharing the pic.
[signature]
Congrats on a nice bull, and thanks for posting a picture.
[signature]
Nice bull!
[signature]