Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for some LMB help!
[cool] I am having trouble with some picky bass here in SoCal. I heard that some of you guys in Michigan have some of the best tricks up your sleeve. Would anyone be kind enough to share some of these??? I promise not to use them against you in your favorite fishing spot. It is too far for me to drive on a weekend. Thanks for your help.
[signature]
Well i am sure it doesnt get as cold in socal as it does in nomi...haha...
but when it gets cold here we fish the shallow water like the flats or the sand bars or the rocky bottoms in 3-5 feet of water if the sun is shining the fish seem to come into shallows to warm up, if the sun is not shining i fish 5-16 feet of water on the edges if you can find a 10" worm, these work well here, i also fish with tube baits, they can be fished SLOWLY...and ripped thru the weeds with ease, also jig & pig work well.
i never fished socal but how cold do the lakes get? what kind of bottom?
i think the key to fishing bass in cold water has to be SLOW FISHING... bass in michigan seem to go dormant so you have to fish slow, almost hitting them on the beak.
[signature]
Hey there bassass, Thanks for the comeback. The lakes that I fish hardly get below 65 degrees as the worst case. The bottoms vary from hard to weedy. Kind of like duck moss. The bass are really finicky. I have no problem with the small hogs. They will usually run from 8-15lbs. Those are the easy ones.

I have 2 monsters that I am after. They won't hit on anything that I have tried. They hang out in the shallows most of the day and are visible from about 1 hr after sunrise until around noon.

What do you think?? Can you help me out??
[signature]
hahahha i would throw a big ol shiner .....[Tongue][:|]
[signature]
he's not kidding on that shiner idea at all !

we set out a line for a pike , 7"river chub with a treble hook freeswimming .

within minutes we had a taker , one big old bass ! you couldn't see anything of the chub he gulped down in one bight !

big fish , big appitite !
[signature]
[cool] I like to hear success stories like that. I have received some very good advice from this board as well as others. I will for sure try out everyones tips and tricks.

I also liked Davetclowns idea about the minow trap. As well as the 10inch worm. Where can I find those 10 inch worms at???? I am in CA but I wonder if Cabellas would have them or that other worm site that someone posted awhile back.

Thanks again for the help and I will keep you informed of any success.
[signature]