Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake mead lures
Man its been super quiet in here! Wheres everyone been?

Ive hit mead twice, mainly cut baits and i trolled a silver black back rapala with no luck, what lures fo you guys use at the lake?
[signature]
Yeah, looks like work has everybody stuck. I haven't gotten out nearly as much as I thought I would these past few weeks.

Went out for a short night trip with Erawk a week or so ago and we had little luck. He caught one decent bass and I ended up striking out.

Went out a couple nights ago with Sil240sx (James) and we did a shore trip. Caught a couple cats and a nice fat carp. I also caught a beer buzz.

I think I'll be out Sunday, I'll be sure to make a report up when I get in.

Silver and black shad-imitating Rapala DT-10's work well, as do any lures that look like a shad or crawdad. Good luck out there!
[signature]
It has been awful quiet. I don't get out nearly as much as I'd like either. I'd also recommend having a lipless crank like a rat-l-trap and a topwater like a spook. If you don't mind dropping the cash, pointers and sammies from lucky craft kick butt. Good luck out there.
[signature]
[quote TheWhizzle]Some great Mead lures:

A spook

A popper

A shallow diving squarebill

A Lipless crank

A Deep diver

That should get you through to the winter. Drop shot a finesse worm when things get tough.[/quote]

I found this on another post. I'll add the link too hope this helps

http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Nevad...ead#unread
[signature]
thanks for the link, that really did help me get a feel,for colors, i new pearl now i hear silver/black back and shad patterns do well.
[signature]