Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Birch Creek and a white bass fish in Causey? 10-21
My twin and I took a 13 year old martial arts student of ours fishing for his 3rd time. He said he had caught a fish before so hey why not currupt the youth?

We picked him up at 5:45am and took a detour to get my fishing licenses back at my house. We arrived at Pineview to meet Delement who had been patiently waiting for us/fishing Pineview from shore. He got the skunk there. We all packed into his truck for the next water and enjoyed the sunrise.........

Birch Creek - We arrived around 8am and fished the dam. Sure enough Delement got into 3 rainbows till we left at 2pm. I used chub minnows and spent a lot of time teaching 13 year old Bud how to fish. I got 2 hits and one resulted in a break off. Evil Tye Dye used fly gear the whole time and got the skunk as well. Turns out the slamon egg powerbait and marshmallow worked the best.

Here was one of 3 rainbows Delement caught.....
[Image: 821345.JPG]

Bud and I moving to other places in search of trout
[Image: IMG_6338_zps81f4e237.jpg?t=1350947828]

Causey - Not be be out matched for the rookie kid we hit up causey. Yep Delement showed us the power of powerbait again so all but Evli Tye Dye tried it. I got 1 rainbow to shore and lost another 1 foot off the bank.

Here is my rainbow trout.
[Image: 821346.JPG]

But delement caught this weird rainbow trout that almost looked like a white bass!
[Image: 821348.JPG]

Any thoughts on what was wrong with it????

It was a 6pm departure that involved a stop for pizza for the younger student of mine. Next time I WILL GET HIM ON FISH!!!!!!
[signature]
when all else fails the worm and mash mellow doubled power bait will usually come through. last resort. had a blast with you guys looking forward to next time
[signature]
Yes we shall get out again soon. Although there is some snow in the forecast which is enough for me to ski by Thursday. So there will be less trip reports from us till we get over the skiing withdrawal from the summer.
[signature]
Ya if we get that much snow or more im heading to alta to matter what. Snowboarding season starting soon so gota be ready before it opens. Time to find some tree rails after school maybe friday with no work ^_^.

LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW I WANT TO GO BACK COUNTRY ICE FISHING AND SNOWBOARDING WITH YOU GUYS SO STOCKED TO SHRED THE GNAR.
[signature]
Woh that rainbow bass is the coolest thing I've ever seen haha. Maybe there's non sterile rainbows and they interbred with white bbass in there? Don't know but that's cool.
[signature]
Looks like the water level is as low at BC as it is at a lot of our lakes around here. I have seen trout like the one in your pic before, it usually happens before a growth spurt, they eat good and get almost stunted in length, then they start growing longer. Most fish grow at a more even length to girth but some will be different, just like that fish. Thanks for sharing your report and pics.
[signature]
I've caught a trout like that. I was fishing in the Boulders, and the cutt in this photo looks just like that one. With the slot of two fish over 14 inches, I was fortunate to maximize my catch with the fattest 13 inch fish I ever saw. The cutt had a girth of 12 inches! Mind you I released about 50 fish that weekend......

[Image: Copy3ofP9260041.jpg]
[signature]
Now that's a chubby bubby. Way to maximize the 14" rule.[cool]
[signature]
Is that whirling disease on them wierd looking fish?
[signature]
No.

WD fish tend to have a wrenched tail/spine.
[signature]
WH2 says "they eat good and get almost stunted in length".

Hey Curtis - Is that what I can tell my wife? I'm waiting to get taller. [Wink]
[signature]
I caught a trout like that last one before at east fork of the bear boy scout camp. When it was swimming it looked like a fancy tail goldfish. You know the kinda wobbly movement. I targeted it and got lucky. When I get off work I will post a pic to see the similarities. I was told that it could be a type of stunted growth due to either lack of food or something that occurs during hatching. It is a really cool looking deformity in my opinion. I guess you could say that they are kinda football shaped.
[signature]
LOL, yea for sure Tom, I've been telling my wife that for years, I'm sure I'll get the extra foot of height soon[Wink].
[signature]
Thanks folks for the answers. It is something I had not seen before.

So Wiperhunter, what is that fish in that profile pic on your posts? Is their a story associated with it? If it is too off topic PM me the answer.
[signature]
Are you talking about the kokanee in my Profile pic or the Tiger musky in my advatar pic? If it is my advatar pic, that is a old pic of a tiger, I caught while trolling Rapalas with another BFT member, Fishcrazy, at Pineview. Nothing too big, it is a 40" tiger. I rotate my advatar pics ever so often between that tiger, the 27" 9 lb wiper, that I have had up most of this year and a 33" 10 mack. Hopefully, I'll get a big walleye to add to the mix but it might take a while to catch a 10 lber[:/].
[signature]
I was askin bout the tiger. Very nice.
[signature]
Impressive catch, especially without a reel!! [:p]
[signature]
Here are my pics of foot ball trout that I caught up at East fork of the bear scout camp. I think yours was bigger.
[signature]
Did you check the guts on that fattie? Wonder if it had corn of plastics stuck in it's gut - might have caused it to grow up rather than out?

Nice report. sounds like fine.
I say those trout have a major identity crises. They think they are gills from the looks...that is funny.

Here's my contribution
[Image: P8050014400.jpg]
[Image: IMG_3049.jpg]
[signature]