Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CJ bass?
Any word on how the bass fishing is? Where the hot spots are? Haven't fished since the wounded warrior tournament a couple months ago. The bass were tearing up the excaliber red crawl. Caught lots of fish on jacks creek.
[signature]
i bet its pretty tough with the cold unless you find them deeper. i havent been to strike in a month and we did better deeper then. i did manage this good one. strike slows for me and i hit brownlee until it ends.
[signature]
nice fish
[signature]
wow! that looks like it may crest 5 lbs. i like to fish in that spot to. I hear that 20-30 feet is the key around this time of year. wish i knew the water beter.....
[signature]
There's a map for Strike that shows the bottom contours and various features and depths. You can buy it at just about any of the local tackle shops for less than $10.

If you have a smartphone or tablet, Navionics makes a hydrograpic map app for both Android and iPhone that covers all of the US for about $15. It has Strike along with some of the other local reserviors like Lucky Peak and Arrowrock. I have it for my Android, and it's nice because it will show you where you are on the map as you're on the water. Only bad thing is it doesn't have Brownlee or Lake Lowell.
[signature]
does that app happen to have any of the eastern lakes like american falls, paliSades, henrys lake and island park?
[signature]
Here is the list of water in Idaho that it covers. Note it has depth information for lakes and reservoirs only. It shows the course of rivers, but not the depth.

Alturas - Blaine ID
Anderson Ranch Reservoir - Elmore ID
Arrowrock Reservoir - Elmore ID
Bear - Bear Lake ID
Belvidere Creek - Valley ID
Blackfoot Reservoir - Bingham, Caribou ID
C J Strike Reservoir - Elmore ID
Cache Creek Lakes - Lemhi ID
Cascade Reservoir - Valley ID
Copper - Shoshone ID
Daniels Reservoir - Oneida ID
Dworshak Reservoir - Clearwater ID
Echo - Idaho ID
Elizabeth - Clearwater ID
Ellie - Clearwater ID
Fernan - Kootenai ID
Fish - Clearwater ID
Gold - Shoshone ID
Heather - Shoshone ID
Ice - Clearwater ID
Jack - Clearwater ID
Lucky Peak - Boise, Elmore, Ada ID
Mackay Reservoir - Custer ID
Mann - Nez Perce ID
Mann Creek Reservoir - Washington ID
Montpelier Reservoir - Bear Lake ID
Mush - Clearwater ID
PaliSades Reservoir - Bonneville (ID), Lincoln (WY) ID
Payette - Valley ID
Pend Oreille - Bonner, Kootenai ID
Pete Ott - Clearwater ID
Pettit - Blaine ID
Pot - Clearwater ID
Redfish - Custer ID
Ririe Reservoir - Bonneville ID
Silver - Shoshone ID
Snowy Top - Boundary ID
Soldiers Meadow Reservoir - Shoshone ID
Spring Hill Reservoir - Latah ID
Stanley - Custer ID
Steep (Lower) - Clearwater ID
Steep (Upper) - Clearwater ID
Tille - Clearwater ID
Tin - Shoshone ID
Waha - Nez Perce ID
Williams - Lemhi ID
Yellow Belly - Custer ID

It's the same map data they use in the chips they sell for $100, with the exception of the HD maps. But there's only one HD map for Idaho and that's Couer d'Alane. It covers water in all 50 states and 3 miles offshore. The physical map is more detailed, but considering what you get, it's an absolute steal for $10. They also have one that covers the US and Canada for $15.

http://www.navionics.com/mobile-pc-app
[signature]
Do you anchor in that spot?
[signature]
no the current going through the powerhouse holds you against the cable.
[signature]