Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry fly patterns?
Im thinking of strawberry this weekend and I'm looking to catch fish on other than powerbait and worms at strawberry so I'm going to force myself out of my comfort zone and fly fish stillwater... Which i have very little experiance in. Any suggestions on patterns? I have read that stripping crayfish or fishing mice patterns on top near the edge can work quite well. I'm wondering if folks are willing to share some of their favorite flies or techniques.

We will be fishing from a boat... Thanks all![fishon]
[signature]
I use the bigger stuff in the fall. Size 6 wooly buggers in verigated olive, verigated orange/black or red/black.

And you have to have some crystal buggers tied traditional or showgirl style (with a regular marabou tail and a marabou over wing). Purple was killing them last friday. But yellow with a brown over wing was working too. And white with a white over wing.

From a boat just drift with the wind and cast, count down and retrieve. It's that easy.

Or call me up and I'll sell you some flies. The same ones I use for $1.50 each.
[signature]
I am using the same flies I used all year[Smile] Two of which are insane!
[signature]
I really like white this time of year. Zonkers, marabou muddlers, galloup's dungeons, and showgirls are my favorites.
[signature]
Thanks for the input! I am looking forward to trying these out...
[signature]