Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boom!!!!! Head Shot!!!!! 11AX tag (Graphic!)
So ive been telling my wife i was going to head shot a doe with my .223 prettyt much since i found out i drew my extra doe tag and I finally made it out yesterday to focus on filling that extra doe tag. headed up to the hills around 12:00pm and it was dang near white out conditions. it was snowing hard. the action was slow at first in the first couple hours only a small 2x2 made him self visible. around 4:00 pm the snow let up and the wind died down then the animals started to move i ended up seeing about 30 does through out the evening but they were so spooky the closest i could get was about 300 yards. (I was packing my Mossberg mvp .223 so 300 yard shots were not ideal on a deer.) I finally made my way down into a bowl with some sparse trees and thick brush in the bottom and seen two decent sized does in the brush staring at me. they held up at 125 yards just long enough for me to settle the cross hairs between the eyes on the lead doe as she stared at me. let the bullet fly and she folded.I got up to her and the bullet entered just above the brow line and left of center about a half an inch and came out between the center of the skull and her right ear.first time i have ever tried a head shot on a deer and it worked out great mainly because the firearm i was using is surgical. best part was she was less than 100 yards from an access road so i was able to go back and get the truck and pretty much drive right up to her. going to be good eats for sure. pictures. the bottom one is of the exit hole out the back of the noggin. it is a little graphic.
[signature]
sweet man. looks like no wasted meat...unless you prefer the brain.
[signature]
Nice shot chrome. I love having the extra doe tag. It is nice having basically some guaranteed meat in the freezer. Nothin eats better than a white tail doe.
[signature]
nice doe and good shootin'. i agree whitetail does and for that matter bucks are the best venison in idaho for my money
[signature]
nice shooting there tex!
[signature]
Nice job buddy. You'll find the eatin' is hard to beat on those WT does.
[signature]