Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Your Opinion, Best Community Pond
What community pond do you guys think and why? As of late I have been fishing them a lot because I don't know where else to fish.
[signature]
Last few years Kaysville, always satisfies the kids with fish. Went there today and caught 11 in the afternoon. We hit Hobbs in the morning and it was very slow. Only caught one there on a silver spinner.
I only hit these places in the fall or winter when they stock trout. Out of the handful I've fished, I'd say Glassman's pond, but I'm bias; I use to fish this before it was community.
[signature]
It all depends on the month and season. Highland glen pond for Late January - February the rainbows usually start spawning there so they start getting fat and they put a fight on a fly rod even when they are only 14 inches as well there close to shore. Spring time usually April-mid May Kidney pond always catch good amount of 12-15 in out of there. Sandy and Sunset pond just sucks for me . Riverton pond is okay June for easy catfish. Cove pond idk any more haven't been there since it first opened. Millrace pond great in the winter.

For sure I love fishing kidney pond in spring time its a blast. Wake up early morning when the fog wraps around the pond. Just toss a black wolly bugger and slam them till 11 am-12 pm ish then fishing is slow till 5-6pm ish fishing action is blasting again. Right now that pond are filled with dinker bows that i don't like.
[signature]
I love willow pond... Friday I went from 5:00 to dark and between powerbait off the bottom and stripping flies I had around 23 fish. Nothing to brag about size wise but definatly a good time. I have never been skunked at willow. And sorry FFL, no pictures.
[signature]
The sandy pond is my favorite. I have caught brown trout up to 18.5 inches long, good sized Large Mouth Bass, and dinky bluegills. When the brood stock gets dumped in there it is fantastic! Last year a buddy of mine caught a 5lb brown! I even was there when a buddy caught a 5 lb rainbow trout 2 springs ago.

The great brown trout from Sandy Pond
[Image: 757954.JPG]
[Image: 757955.JPG]
[Image: 757956.JPG]

A decent Largemouth Bass from Sandy Pond
[Image: 785466.JPG]

The Sandy Pond Monster!
[Image: 751426.JPG]
[Image: 751427.JPG]

Little Bluegills can be found there for the bucketlist angler.
[Image: 789203.JPG]

Sunset on Sandy Pond
[Image: 717209.JPG]
[signature]
TDT, send me a pm next time your fishing sandy pond for browns and you need a friend. Looks like fun.
[signature]
OMG! I hope they taste better than they look! I say you did them a favor[laugh]
[signature]
Those browns are hideous! Last year they dumped a bunch of lakers into some of the ponds, that were even bigger than those browns. I hope they stock them again. I think they stocked cutts and brookie brooders as well.
[signature]
I cut into some rainbows from sandy pond and the meat was brown... Never again have I kept fish from that pond
[signature]
Sunset Pond has the most variety of fish. Great place for kids to pick up new species.
Likely catch: Rainbow trout, bluegill, green sunfish, channel catfish, pumpkinseed and black bullhead.
[signature]
Willow Creek Pond, but only in the spring and fall.
You are wasting your time if you fish there in the summer and I think it's closed in Dec. and Jan.
[signature]
H ha ha I believe you will willow pond I had many 20+ fish days there.
[signature]
[quote Flyfishinglover]H ha ha I believe you will willow pond I had many 20+ fish days there.[/quote]not tonight though! Been here two hrs with 3 fish to show for it
[signature]
I think the sandy pond monster is the new golden trout record ha ha ha [laugh]
[signature]
Thats a bummer.
[signature]
Lets just say mostly any pond in utah in the summer time is a waste of time ha ha ha. Unless you just want bluegills 24/7
[signature]
You mean a huge favor [laugh]
[signature]