Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boat Seats getting stuck - help...
My boat seats get almost impossible to pull out of the bases mounted in the floor - What do you spray on seat mounts or floor base to prevent this from happening?
[signature]
Probably the best thing to do is rub them good with parrafin wax. Ski wax works too. Just don't be afraid to put a bunch of it on. Oh, it'd be a good idea to clean both the pylon and socket real good with steel wool first.
[signature]
Dry Silicone spray or PAM cooking spray. A fella in our club uses smelly jelly, but then he is a cheap skate.
[signature]
I used to use Armorall Protectant when I had Lund seat bases. Still use it on the shaft of my trolling motor to keep it nice and slippery.
[signature]
I use Armor All Protectant too. Keeps them easy to remove. And as Jim said, I also use it on my trolling motor shaft!
DO NOT USE WAX!! If it gets cold the wax acts like glue.
[signature]
I just put grease down in there. It can be a little messy though.
[signature]
A little Vaseline petroleum jelly lasts and long time and works great. Put a little on all your snaps, too.
[signature]
[#502800]There is a wonderful product called B'LASTER gararge door lube. It is used primarily for garage door tracks and cables, but it will work great for your seat holders and trolling motor shaft, sliding glass doors, reels, etc. [/#502800]
[#502800]I believe I got my last can at Ace. You will be impressed.[/#502800]
[signature]
Lose weight?
[signature]
I used to buy a stuff called Door Eze from a Chevron station that would work wonders for you. It's a kinda waxy grease that is heavy enough that it doesn't smear and it really stays in place. Came in a steel tube about 5" long & 1" diameter. Kinda like a giant Chapstick, speaking of which, that'll work really well too.
[signature]