Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to go <1 hour from West Jordan?
Recently moved to West Jordan from Logan and I want to go fishing. I really only do lake/ bait fishing. Are there any good lakes (or community ponds) that would be worth a morning trip tomorrow?

Thanks in advance!
[signature]
Never fished community pond in the winter but theres one in Herriman, South Jordan, Murray and Draper heres a link to all

[url "http://wildlife.utah.gov/cf/cf_book_12.pdf"]http://wildlife.utah.gov/cf/cf_book_12.pdf[/url]

If you going to travel an hour theres utah lake, or deer creek
[signature]
Ya community ponds are slow and filled with 9" bows. Deer creek fishing sucks not worth wasting your time to driver there and Utah lake is only good like tube dudes post if your in a float tube far out there.

Maybe Rockport would be your best bet for now.
[signature]
I have to disagree Deer Creek has been fishing pretty good, Got to hit in the evening between 5 to dark. Been stopping there everyday after work and catching 3 or 4 Bows on my way home after work.
[signature]
okay from 5- dark is a different story. I was thinking hes going to be going for a morning trip not night but ya I remember 2 years ago just tossing worms at night and gosh the fish would bite crazy but no hook ups. How big are the bows your catching.
[signature]
Some were pretty nice Im guessing anywhere from 16 to 18 inches
[signature]
Gosh those would of been great fillets. I remember when echo lake was 30% full gosh that was a magic ticket for big bows hitting close to shore and almost watching my pool fly out of the rock holder I made.

I just gota say this summer was the best fishing Iv'e ever had so far. Especially when DC treated me well with 39 perches. [laugh]
[signature]
Nice, Yes they weren't too bad over the years ive lost my taste for eating trout but the cold weather keeps them fresher longer.

The summer was just the opposite for me Skunked or 1 or 2 fish days. So far this fall and winter have been the most productive but cant wait till the lakes freeze over.
[signature]
Looks like someone should go fly fishing a lot in the uintas in a float tube to have some fun ha ha ha. I remember 1 hr with 1 elk hair caddis caught 14 tiger trout and 1 bow.

For sure this year I will be back on the ice.
[signature]
The difference is, my dog can catch fish in the Uinta's. Lakes not so much. There is more to fly fishing than Peacock Caddis or any other caddis and Black woolly buggers.
Sometimes you really need to match the hatch, specially in size. A good presentation also matters meaning right size tippet.
Deer Creek is awesome. Cast towards the rocks and catch some nice Small Mouth. Out a little further and catch some bows.
[signature]
Ha ha ha I used more then those 2 but after messing around with many types of flies those are my 2 favorite too use because I know they will slaughter then even when I'm in a float tube. If those 2 don't work I just switch over too a black and sycodrlic nymph or what ever there called ha ha ha.

I'm just watting for the snow to melt up there so I can catch some big tiger and brookies out if my new spots Smile. As well this coming summer will be a blast of hiking to quite a few lakes up there.
[signature]