Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
three limits
My buddies and I went to Fish Springs today and shot 18 birds by 9:30am and stuck around until eleven until we filled the rest. Shot mostly wigeon, but got some pintails, a mallard, and a teal. We had an awesome time and a great shoot. I also went hunting on Wednesday at Goshen Bay and we shot a total of nine birds before ten then we had to leave because my buddy had to go to work. I had a pretty eventful week. The picture posted is of the hunt today.
[signature]
Fish springs out by Nevada?

That's a LONG drive for a morning hunt!
[signature]
It is only a 2.5 hour drive and not bad with good company. I didn't plan just a morning hunt but that is just how the birds worked that day and I won't complain about that. We often pull out a trailer and stay for the weekend, its a blast. Though you can't stay on the refuge we camp outside and have a blast and some good duck hunting and sometimes coyote hunting if the birds work good.
[signature]
That's awesome. I'm was curious about the water there, I no some are warm springs but I don't no about the rest? Was there any geese yet? Thanks for posting
[signature]
There were a few geese that were in the area around the second weekend of November but have seen that much since it has been warm again. They are their but way to smart. They avoid decoys and cover have to wait for a new batch of geese to come in. All pools have water but the three ponds down by the handicapped pond they have rerouted the water to those ponds so they will be non existent from now on.
[signature]
Nice! I was wondering how that side of the lake was hunting!
[signature]
Goshen bay has been producing the few times I have been out on it. My dad hit Dec. 1 pulling down a few birds. He was only able to hunt a little bit though.
[signature]