Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Saturday
We hit the Berry yesterday morning and early afternoon for several hours. We fished in the vicinity of Indian Creek. There was quite a few people out. It did not seem like anybody, including us, was doing very well. The fish were biting extremely light. We managed a few dozen cutts on various tubes, grubs, and lipless baits. Nothing large, no bows. They wanted a very slow presentation. We moved away and found some green weeds. That seemed to be the ticket as the fish were much more aggressive in this area. These we caught on 3.5 inch pearl tubes, jerked very erratically. Some friends of ours were also fishing in the area, but were flyfishing from their toons. Their report was similar. The bite was pretty cruddy for this time of year, however, the weather was beautiful. Still had a much-needed great time. Hope I can get one more softwater trip in before ice-up!
[signature]
It is strange. We got out and all four of us (in pontoons) did killer with some nice healthy catches. Don was hooking up like every other cast.
He went up the next day, Friday and worked his behind off to catch one.
I think this hot/cold thing that is going on has a lot to do with it even if the water temp isn't changing that much.
Fishing was fast and furious in the fog.
[Image: 021-2.jpg]
Sorry we didn't get to share some water this year.
[signature]
Too me ya the weather made a difference from fishing on friday and today big change. Went from 20+ fish to only 8 today but got some 17" and a spawner at east canyon. That"s a sweet foggy pic u got there.
[signature]
I too wish we could've fished! Unfortunately 2012 has turned out to be the year of hardly any fishing for this guy! I'm changing that in 2013... with a healthy dose of icefishing!

Have you noticed all the algae still hanging around in Strawberry?... so odd for this late in the year!
[signature]
It has been a weird year. A late start to the algae. What is also weird is it seem to come and go.
[signature]
I went both Fri and Sat. and both were a lot of work per fish. It's still fishing and I still had a blast. I hope to get up there a time or two before the hard deck hits.
[signature]
Me too, but I have a weekend in Idaho coming up[mad][Wink]
[signature]