Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YO-ZURI Hybrid line
My quest for the perfect fishing line has lead me to try yet another product. I ordered a bunch of th new hybrid line from yo-zuri and will be putting it through the tests this year. Just incase any of you want to know what this line is, heres a rundown. <br>1) combination of fluorocarbon and nylon. <br> A. mono is a soft manageable material given to stretch and not suited for abrasion resistance. Fluorocarbon is highly abrasion resistant and nearly invisible but is stiff so its knot strength is lost.<br>2) The fluorocarbon outer layer keeps the water out of the line, keeping the line from drying out and rotting. The higher density of the fluorocarbon gives it higher density making it stronger, smoother, more sensitive, as well as resistant to most chemicals and UV. The inner core of nylon mono gives it flexability more break strength, and knot strength.<br>3) YO-ZURI claims it will last four to five times longer than most mono lines due to its unique properties.<br>I bought a thousand yards of this stuff to try this year. It will be on most of my reels. Its competitivly priced, I bought my thousand yards for under $30.00. I will let you know how I liked it as well as any dislikes I find as the year goes on. Any comments or expirience with this line that will help me would be appreciated.<br><br>
I’m curious to know what fishing conditions you will be putting it to the test against. And what pound test will you be using.<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
I will be using 8 lb test. It will be tested under every fishing situation I encounter. Trolling, casting jigs, bait fishing, throwing spinners, ice fishing, ect. During the course of a year I get in a lot of different techniques as well as species.<br><br>
Good call on the line... I've been wanting to pick up a spool of it too. I'm going with the 8lb test on the spools there at WallyWorld and I'll post up how I do after fishing with it this weekend. I'm going to catch bass, lots hopefully and some bluegill in a "snaggy" environment or situation anyway and I'll test out a good bit of stretch/abrasion resistance. Hopefully, I'll be able to test some poundage breaking strength too.... [cool] I think you'll like the line... I've read some really good things about it from some smallmouth fishermen back east. If it works in their rivers, I think it will probably handle most of our stuff out here. Guess we have to try it to see for ourselves though but I'm going into the weekend with some high expectations.
[signature]
i have been running the yo-zury hibrid 4 lb and 8 lb on my casting rod's and 2 of my ice poles for the past year.. has been working out good for me so far..
[signature]
Have you guys used fireline? I have used that stuff the last couple years and I love it. I use 6 to 8 pound test. The only problems I have had are, when I get snagged bad It's almost impossible to break my kine, BUT, this line has saved hundreds of dollars of my tackle, so it is worth the extra money, about 15 bucks for 125 yards. I will never use anything else.[Smile] The diameter is wxtremely small also!
[signature]