Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HT Polar lites
Anyone use the HT Polar lites rods for ice fishing? I discovered this little gem a few years ago. I use the 32 inch medium action rod and love it! I have never seen its equal in ice rods. If any of you have seen a better one I would be interested in trying it out.<br><br>
PREDATOR, its god to hear from you. <br>Me too, I am always interested in a new fishing rod. Most of my rods are older than Methuselah. I haven’t herd of the HT Polar lites, but would be like to take a look at them. Do you know who makes them and where they are distributed?<br><br>I have many different rods for different types of fishing from stiff rods for walleye to a noodle pole that I use for crappie. (for some reason that I am not sure of I have caught more pike on this than I have on my tip-ups.)<br><br>Many-many moons ago I ran across a man on Lake St. Clare with an interesting set-up for perch. One that I have searched for now for better than ten years. It was about six inches long, had a wood handle about three inches long, the rod slid back in to the handle when not fishing. It fit in the common tin ice fishing pocket tackle box with the rest of his stuff, line, sinker, hooks, jigs, bait but no bobber.<br><br>I have always been a fan of just grabbing my box and go. In other words in my tackle box I have a number of telescopic rods. I even keep one in the glove box of my truck. You never know when the urge to jump out on roadside fishing hole to try to catch a jumping bass. Or see some old buddies who say lets go fishing. I am always ready to go fishing. I will have to say that this guy has done me one better. His stuff is in his shirt pocket so that if he is riding with some one else, he is still ready. <br><br>I have begun to think that this might a been a shop project that his kid had maid for him as a Present. <br><br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown
HT Polarlites is the company name and they have a website. What part of michigan are you from? I have family in lansing.<br><br>
Thanks Ill check them out.<br>I am about an hour due east of lansing. if you look on a map,and find Kent lake and Orchard lake in oakland county I'm in the middle of them.<br><br>[cool] “Don’t forget to wiggle your jig.” davetclown