Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Some Daysss
was going to UL last week. My brother sleeps a little late, but if we hurry we can make it. load all the gear in the truck. hurry, hurry.
get to the storage yard to pick up the boat. still dark. hurry we can make it. i jump out, open the lock and gate. run... hurry.. I am at the boat, cranking the jack down. trying to back him in. back up lights are bright... shield the eyes so i can see how close the ball is... wait.. What? no stinger!. too far to drive back home to get the hitch. Lets just bag it and we can go next week.

Yesterday, up and out on time. boat is hooked up. run from Lehi down to Provo state park. plenty of time. gonna be fun. we pull up by the big club house and the flags are snappin in the wind. the bouy in the river is doing about a 10-12 inch bob and layed over to about a 54-55deg angle. now what? we could probably make it, but UL is just too unsafe in the wind. now what? Decide to go drop the boat and run up to Farmington. We wont make it by shootin hours..

Get up to the north end, big parking lot. about 8-10 trucks parked up towards the left (east) dike. so we decide to walk down the middle dike. The fog is so thick, it really doesn't matter we are now 30 min late. can hear some shot on the East dike, hear some shots south by the clubs. several boats took off from the ramp. never pulled the trigger. fog stayed really thick, at one point, the sun tried to peek its head out, but a nasty thick piece rolled in. looked like a scene from Will Smiths movie when the big spaceship blocked out everything. it finally lifted enough to see more than 30 yards around 10. but we were done. loaded up and drove home.

hope this weather brings in some birds. it should.
[signature]