Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huntington ice
The DWR twitter feed is reporting that huntington reservoir has 1-1.5 inches of unstable ice. I am wondering if anyone has fished there this week. I wonder if DWR reports conditions that are perhaps better than what they say.........I would have thought there was more like 3-4 inches. Anyway, I want to fish there this weekend but have no intention of fishing 1-2 inches. If anyone has made the trip and is willing to report, you would be my hero for the daySmile
[signature]
I was up there this morning. Between 3-4 inches of ice at the boat ramp. We fished in like 8' of water and caught a fish every five minutes or so on night crawlers. All small tigers between 10"-15". It was very cold so I'd guess by this weekend it'll have 4-5 inches of ice, kept having to bust up the ice in my hole. Good luck.
[signature]
Excellent!! That is the kind of news I was hoping for. I will report back how we did as well. With 3-4 inches, I am good to go. I really appreciate the reply.
[signature]
Thanks for the info! I'm going to head up on Sunday. Never been to the res...anything I should know? Or tips? Appreciate it.

I'll let you know.

Matt
[signature]
Take a shelter and heaters Sunday. I bet it will be snowing sideways up there this weekend with the big storm that's coming in. Use rat finkies tipped with small pieces of night crawler or meal worms.
[signature]
Any reports on the ice from this weekend? I'd like to go tomorrow but its a long drive if the ice is sketchy.

Thanks
[signature]
Ice is about 5in by the boat ramp I was there Sunday there was about a foot of slush in some spotsbetter have good boots or waders the fishing was a little slow but they can be had
[signature]